26. Worries

Something was definitely wrong. Sau knew, and so did Kara. Even though you were texting back, it wasn't you. It didn't feel like you. She could tell the clear difference in texting.

Sau: (Y/n), please text me back when you get this. Your mother and I are very worried about you.

Y/N: Hey, sorry I didn't reply.

Y/N: I'm going through a lot right now, so I've decided to go on a retreat to take some time for myself.

Y/N: I'm not sure when I'll be back.

Sau: What? (Y/n)?

Sau: Hello?

You wouldn't just take off like that, especially on such short notice, without even taking care of your mother. Sau even called Hawks' agency to see what was going on, and they told her that you were fired. You weren't this irresponsible. This wasn't like you.

Now Sau and Kara had come up with a few reasons as to what was going on with you. Maybe you really did leave, and just had a mental breakdown and had to get everything. But even if you did, they doubted you would just drop everything and go, leaving your job, family, and friends behind.

A part of Sau had feared the worst, that you had been killed, and your murderer was texting from your phone to make it seem that you were still alive. But she rather not think it was that. She hoped it was anything else.

Hell, she'd rather have it be Kara's weird-ass theory that you were kidnapped by some hot guy and were forced to be his housewife and have his children. Then again, this was real. This wasn't one of those weird sex movies she watched like Fifty Shades or 365 days, this was real life.

And that's why she and Kara were here, filing a missing person's report for you. Sau had talked with your mother and she had agreed that it needed to be done. But your mother seemed like she was in denial. She waited so long to file the report, after all. Sau knew if she went missing, her own mother would do it as soon as possible like a good mother would do.

"Hi, I'm here to file a missing person's report for (Y/n) (l/n)." Sau told the officer sitting behind the front counter.

"How long have they been missing?" The woman sitting behind the desk asked, typing on her front computer.

"Two and a half months. She texted saying she was going on vacation but she never said where she was going. She just took off and- it's not like her to do something like this. I've talked with all her other friends and family, and no one knows where she is." Sau answered.

Letting out a long sigh, the policewoman stood up from her desk. "Why don't you two come with me? I'll ask you some more questions there."

Sau and Kara followed after her, walking into an empty room with nothing but a table and a few chairs. The officer pulled out a sheet of paper, scribbling some things down on it. "When was the last time you both saw her?"

"Six months ago, when we all went out to eat together," Kara replied.

"A little over three months," Sau added.

"Was she acting strangely the last time you saw her?"

"Well, she stayed at my place because she was paranoid about having a stalker, and we got into an argument, and she ended up leaving. But right after, I found out that her ex-boyfriend killed himself. I can't imagine how she took that." Sau trailed off, feeling some guilt.

You could be dead right now, and the last thing she ever did was call you paranoid and crazy. And you weren't, because it seems that you were right.

"Okay, I'll get this into the system, and we'll have some people go out and look for her as soon as we can." The officer said, standing up from the table.

"And when will that be?" Sau questioned impatiently, tapping her finger against the desk.

The policewoman sighed, thinking to herself. "Probably around this evening."

"Damn it, now Misaki won't answer her texts," Kara swore under her breath, clicking her phone and turning it off.

"Wait, you mean Misaki Ateru?" The officer asked. Trading glances, Sau and Kara nodded.

"I'm so sorry to tell you this, but she's dead. The officers found her body in her apartment the other day. Ruled it as a suicide."

(A/N: Yeaaah now shit's getting good

Also bye my friend was watching mlp and Kara reminds me of Pinkie Pie but horknee 👩‍🦯👩‍🦯👩‍🦯

Thanks for reading! Don't forget to comment and vote!