🔅Chapter 7

-----

Jaya's Birthday.

The day finally arrived when it would be Jaya's birthday. Paro had already schemed what she would do to make Chandra disliked by the Malhotra's. Chandra on the other hand was quite excited to meet her would-be in-laws. Elena was worried about her dear friend. Dev was feeling quite nervous. 

The Malhotra's woke up early in the morning and wished Jaya a happy birthday. Amitabh and the kids had baked a small cake just for her. She was pleased with this effort.

They prepared to welcome their distinguished and wealthy guests. " Do you think she will come," Jaya asks her husband as she pinned her sari? " You have made her promise last year to come," Amitabh buttoned his salwar. 

" I have missed my friend," Jaya says. " I know, I can never hear the end of it," Amitabh says. " I guess our son's mysterious girlfriend would also come," Jaya sighs. " I am eager to meet her. It will be interesting," Amitabh says. 

Dev finished dressing up and heard a knock on his door. The person walked in and hugged him. " Brother, I can imagine you are nervous," Rani says. " I have never introduced anyone to them before," Dev says. " I am proud of you. I can't wait to meet my sister in law," Rani says.

Dev smiles.

----------

" Elena, we can't be late," Chandra screams from the living room. " I am the one going to meet my in-laws and she's taking time as a bride," she murmurs. " I am coming," Elena replies from the room. She walks out to the living room.

" Can we go now?" Chandramukhi says. " Let's say our prayers first," Elena says. " Why are you so nervous?" Chandra asks. " Dev is a very sweet man but his grandma is an old hag, God forgive me. She is a paragon of judging. Jaya aunty is sweet but she has always wanted..." Elena was interrupted.

" I am guessing my mother in law loves Paro as her daughter. And my father in law would be worried about his families image and status. Great, I had to fall in love with this Indian serial type of family only," Chandra laughs. " Did you just say fall in love," Elena pokes her and smiles?

" Don't ask me that. I will win them over one way or other," Chandramukhi says. " From your mouth to God's ears," Elena says. They locked up the house and drove off.

----------

The hall started getting filled up with guests. They greeted Jaya for her birthday.

" Is Aunt Roshanee coming?" Rani asked Dev. " She is going to," Dev smiles. He receives a call. " Hey baby," he says. " Oh wow, I didn't know we would be using pet names," Chandra says. " It doesn't matter. Are you almost here?" Dev asks. " Yes, Elena thinks we should both walk inside the hall together as a couple for dramatic effect," Chandra says.

" She is right actually. I will come and get you from the car," Dev says. " Elena says to ask if Chinnilal has arrived," Chandra says. " I told him to pick up my mom's best friend from her hotel," Dev says. " Oh okay, I will see you in a bit," Chandra says.

Parvati and her parents walked in together. The guests loved her whole outfit. She had always been able to blow peoples minds away. She is a very beautiful woman. She hugged her Jaya aunty tight and wished her.

" Thank you so much, Paro. I just love your dress," Jaya complimented her. " She took her time to dress up," Anupam jokes. " She is looking stunning," Amitabh says. Dadi had nice things to say today. She signed Rani and Dev to greet them.