🔅Chapter 13

Glossary:

Mami- Chandra calls Marabel this. It is calling her mother but it's more like a nickname.

Morning.

Chandra had to call in sick for shooting because of her painful cramps. Dev decided to stay with her all day even though Marabel and Chandra insisted that he go to work. " See, I'm not going anywhere when my Queen is in pain," he takes her hot water bottle and goes to the kitchen to get it refilled.

Marable sits on the bed next to Chandra. " Are you feeling any better?" she asks her daughter. " Yes, mami the hot water therapy helps," Chandra replies. " You know this man loves you a lot," Marabel holds her hands. " He is the one for me. I have finally found my soulmate," Chandra tells her Mami.

" I am happy for you. You have had silly boyfriends in the past," Marabel says. " Haha, they have been weird too," Chandra says. '" I want to meet his parents," Marabel says. " Well, his parents are a little confused about their feelings for me," Chandra says. " Are they stupid? What's not to like?" Marabel says more of a statement than a question.

" They wanted me to marry my best friend but I love your daughter," Dev enters. He sits on the other side next to Chandra. He gently places the hot water bottle on her lower abdomen. " Ha, such drama," Marabel rolls her eyes. She leaves the couple alone.

" We should go to your house later in the day," Chandra says.

-----

Parvati and Krish meet together at a cafe for breakfast. " You look chirpy this morning," Krish says. " I have decided to live my life for myself," Paro says. " It's good to see you leave the past behind," Krish says. " Yeah, I need to apologise to Chandra. She didn't deserve all I did," Parvati says.

" Yeah, we should set that up," Krish says. " So tell me about you?" Paro says. " What do you want to know about me?" Krish says. "Anything at all. We've mostly talked about my hate schemes and dieting," Parvati says.

" Ahh, you want to get to know me better," Krish says. " Yes, I want to. You seem like an interesting person," Paro says. The waiter comes and takes their order. " Thank you," they both say after ordering their food.

" Maybe start with work," Parvati says. " I am the Chief Financial Officer for my father's company," Krish says. " Oh how interesting," Paro says. The waiter brings their food. They exchange some more information about each other. " Okay, tell me something no one knows about you," Paro says. " I love you," he says looking her straight through the eyes.

" You what?" She asks not sure she was hearing right. " I love you, Parvati Gupta," Krish says. She laughs not believing him. " I am not joking," Krish says. " Why would you love me? I am hopeless," Paro laughs. " Hey, don't say or think that about yourself," Krish holds her hands and moves closer.

" Hmm, when did this feeling start?" Paro asks him. " After a few of our interactions," Krish says. "Don't you think love is too soon," Paro says. " Yeah, that's why I want to take things slowly," Krish says. " I would like that. I mean, you aren't so bad," she says teasing him. " Haha, so funny," he says causing them to laugh.

----------

Roshanee and Jaya decided to meet up at the Malhotra's for lunch. Roshanee couldn't sleep well thinking about Chandramukhi. She was thinking about confessing her deepest secret to her long friend.

Jaya called out to Roshanee from the garden. Their lunch had been dished in ceramic plates. They just had to serve themselves. " How are you?" Roshanee asks. " I'm good just waiting for my son to come back home," Jaya says. " He didn't sleep here last night?" Roshanee asks. " No, he didn't go to work either," Jaya says.