fourteen ; the satan's pit

✰☾✰

chapter fourteen ; the satan's pit

LUNA COVERED ROSE AS JEFFERSON CALLED OPEN FIRE AND HE AND THE GUARD SHOT THE OOD, wincing with each loud shot. Her ears started ringing but she ignored it and hoped this would actually kill the Ood. As much as she didn't like guns -- she much preferred not dying.

As soon as the Ood fell, Rose pushed past Luna to the microphone and picked it up. "Doctor?" She asked. "Doctor, can you hear me? Doctor, Ida, are you there?"

Luna moved closer to Rose, heart pounding at the idea of never hearing his voice again -- never fully kissing him. God, the next time she has a chance, she's taking it.

The door opened and Jefferson aimed his gun, only for Danny to run in with his hands up. "It's me! But they're coming!"

Luna breathed a sigh of relief, happy to see him, and he came forward to the rest of the group.

"It's the Ood. They've gone mad."

"Really, we hadn't noticed, thanks so much," Luna replied sarcastically, too worried and anxiety-ridden to care about how rude she sounded.

"How many of them?" Jefferson asked.

"All of them!" Danny shouted. "All fifty!"

"Danny, out of the way," Jefferson ordered. "Out of the way!" He shoved him out of his path.

"Jefferson, I don't know if that's a good idea," Luna tried, moving towards him. Jefferson ignored her and Danny pleaded, voice cracking.

"But they're armed! It's the interface device. I don't know how, but they're using it as a weapon."

Luna took a deep breath. "Great, electromagnetic pulses with enough strength to completely kill ya." She laughed bitterly. "I cannot get over how good today is."

Jefferson opened the door, despite Danny and Luna's worries, and the Ood in front stuck out the interface device, connecting it to the guard's forehead. With a scream, she toppled to the ground and Jefferson began shooting.

Luna shook her head, grabbing Rose as they backed up.

"I've got very little ammunition, sir," Jefferson responded to Zach. Luna hadn't even noticed Zach talking. "How about you?"

"All I've got is a bolt gun. With er, all of one bolt. I could take out a grand total of one Ood. Fat lot of good that is."

"Given the emergency," Jefferson spoke again. "I recommend strategy nine."

Luna walked forward curiously. "Strategy nine?"

"Everyone together. Rose? What about Ida and the Doctor? Any word?"

Luna's heart dropped and she shook her head as Rose answered. "I can't get a reply. Just nothing. I keep trying, but it's--"

"--No, sorry, I'm fine. Still here."

Luna let out a deep breath, leaning forward and closing her eyes. "You reckless little..." she muttered to herself. "I'm gonna kill that man."

"You could've said, you stupid--"

Feedback erupted through the microphone and the Doctor laughed. "Woah, careful! Anyway, it's both of us. Me and Ida. Hello. But the seal opened up. It's gone. All we've got left is this chasm. Luna? You okay?"

Luna blushed as Rose's eyes flickered to her face. "Yeah, fine," she called back.

"How deep is the chasm?" Zach asked over communications.