twenty one ; the runaway bride

✰☾✰

chapter twenty-one ; the runaway bride

LUNA BLINKED AS THE WOMAN'S EXPRESSION HARDENED, LOOKING BETWEEN HER AND THE DOCTOR.

"What?" The Doctor asked.

"Who are you?" The woman responded, her voice rough and haughty.

"What?" He asked again. Luna glanced at him, shaking her head with a small smile. This man.

"Where am I?"

"What?"

"What the hell is this place?"

"What?" The Doctor shook his head, running up to the console as Luna took a seat, watching the scene amusedly. She had a feeling this would be good. "You can't do that. I wasn't. We're in flight. That is, that is physically impossible! How did--"

"--Tell me where I am. I demand you tell me right now, where am I?"

"Inside the TARDIS," the Doctor answered firmly.

"The what?"

"The TARDIS."

"The what?"

"The TARDIS!" The Doctor replied exasperatedly.

"The what?!"

"It's called the TARDIS."

"That's not even a proper word," the woman countered angrily, marching up to the Doctor and giving Luna a surprised look. Luna fought a smile -- the woman probably hadn't even realized she was there. "You're just saying things."

"How'd you get in here?"

"Well, obviously, when you kidnapped me. Who was it? Who's paying you? Is it Nerys? Oh my God, she's finally got me back. This has got Nerys written all over it."

"Who the hell is Nerys?"

Luna smiled, stepping forward and resting her hand on his arm.

"Your best friend!"

"My name is Luna," she told the woman. "This is the Doctor, we've never met a Nerys, what's your name?"

"Donna," the woman told her reproachfully. "Donna Noble."

"Donna, hi, were you getting married?"

Donna nodded, looking at Luna in exasperation. "I was halfway up the aisle! I've been waiting all my life for this. I was just seconds away, and then you, I don't know, you drugged me or something!"

"We didn't do anything," the Doctor rushed around the TARDIS console, trying to fiddle with switches and identify how Donna was aboard. Donna rushed after him, her voice high and angry. Luna couldn't help laughing on the console chair, her legs swinging underneath her. This was too good.

"I'm having the police on you! Me and my husband, as soon as he is my husband, we're going to sue the living backside off you!" Donna shouted, turning her head and rushing straight for the doors. Luna stiffened, this would probably send Donna into shock, as they were mid-flight.

"No, wait a minute," the Doctor shouted after her, holding up a hand. "Wait a minute. Don't!"

Donna ignored him, opening the doors to reveal a gaseous nebula.

"You're in space," Luna explained, coming up to Donna and resting a hand on her arm. Donna looked down at Luna's hand, then at Luna, then at the Doctor. "Outer space. This is the Doctor's space ship. It's called the TARDIS."