Out With the Old, In With the New

Descending the grand stairs, George's mocha eyes settled on his father waiting for him. In his traditional fashion, his father could not be found without a big smile, courtesy to the alcohol. The man was plump and always slightly maroon. He wasn't in the best condition, but he still managed to always consume his weight in wine and turkey legs. The man was too extroverted for George's liking. He was simply obnoxious and loud. A classic drunk.

"My dear son. My God! How pale have you gotten, my boy!"

George snickered at the thought of his father ever caring about his well-being. It was all an act to please the socialites that were present in the party.

George gave a faux, toothy grin to please the man.

The party was now in full swing.

As all his father's parties went, the evening began with a toast. His father first started with a toast to George. Furthermore, one to the kingdom. Then, one final toast.

"My dear Lily. The queen of not only this country, but also of our hearts. She is with us tonight, and we are with her."

Time was in slow motion. George felt his hands run cold. His heart sank to his stomach.

Every memory ran through George's head. The good, and the evil.

Anguish.

Grief.

Despair.

The beautiful man could be visibly crushed with just a simple name.

It pained George to hear the wretched, old man say his mother's name with such artificial care. However, he concealed his agony with a mask of joy.

"The show must go on," George reflected.

The sun was fading with every second. Dusk danced into dawn and the event continued.

"Attention, everyone!" George's father broadcasted.

"I would proudly like to announce that now is the time my son grows up. As of today, George will no longer be known as Prince of Wisteria. Once the great grandfather clock strikes midnight, George will be crowned the new king of Wisteria!"

Cheers and claps flooded the room. George scanned the room to be greeted with warm regards and claps at every angle.

Today, George was a simple prince who stayed shut up in his room with no responsibilities in the world.

Tomorrow, George will lead a nation.

11:58 P.M

11:59 P.M

In crowning ceremonies, his family had a signature tradition of sitting on the throne while being crowned. The tradition wasn't allowed to end with George.

George took his position in the solid gold throne. Fond memories of his childhood invaded his head. His mother used to let him play on this throne. Now, this was only a place of business.

Servants gathered around the prince to ready the crown.

The clock ticked. Leaving everyone to rot in anticipation.

DING DING DING

12:00 A.M

The servants placed the crown on his head and announced to the crowd,

"We now present to you, George! The King of Wisteria!"

Eruptions of hoots and applause seemed to never end.

He was now the official king of Wisteria.

That day, the world stopped for the second time for George.

The day it turned again is when he met his favorite servant of all, Dream.

AN: shorter chapter.... hope u enjoyed!!! excited for upcoming chapters :)