Follow Me

"Welcome home, George." The man scowled.

George's eyes weaved the whites with a crimson color. They reflected the area around them as a glossy film glazed over his irises.

"W-what do you want, father?" George whimpered.

George's father let out a sinister snicker.

"Young man! Be frank with me, now. Where were you? Who is this man with you?"

George's tear-filled eyes bolted over and settled upon Dream. How could George explain himself?

Without missing a beat, Dream knelt on one knee. Dream's head gazed at the floor below, suddenly studying the dark oak tiles.

Dream cleared his throat hastily.

"Master, I deeply apologize for any hindrances. I am Dream, a humble servant to my Lord. My Lord wanted to go for a stroll. I merely accompanied him, keeping him in a close watch. Fret not, Master. George is safe."

George's body became filled in astonishment. His teary eyes cleared with swiftness. His sniffles subsided into nothingness. Dream thought of those lines so quickly. He managed to save George yet again.

George's father's eyes shot from side to side, examining the two men with utmost cautiousness.

"I see. I suppose that makes sense. My apologies for the miscommunication. I shall scold the others for not informing me sooner. Thank you for the watchful eye, Dream." George's father heaved, unable to expose any indiscretions.

George caught his breath as his father spoke the last words.

"Father! Scolding won't be necessary. I chose to keep the stroll a secret, nothing more. Be on your way, please. I have work I must attend to."

George's father scoffed. His menacing glare searched around the room one last time. With a swish of silk robes and heavy footsteps, George's father disappeared behind the large entryway.

Dream returned to his former upright position.

George's eyes glistened in the candle illumination. He let a hearty chuckle escape his lips. George immediately began to thank Dream for the save.

Dream giggled sweetly.

"George, I told you I would be your knight in shining armor, didn't I?

Barely visible to the naked eye, George blushed at the remark.

George peered up to the area above. His eyes personally met with every object in the room.

"I guess this is my room." George laughed nervously.

"Yeah, this is sloppier than I expected, George." Dream replied with a judgmental gaze.

"At least now you can understand why it's so messy. I live in the Underworld practically."

Dream howled with laughter at the sight of George trying to make excuses.

"Listen, I'll help pick up this pigsty. However, there's a price to everything."

"Wait what-,"

Before George could finish his sentence, Dream went immediately to work. Firstly addressing the lighting issue, Dream relight old candles. He waltzed over to the curtains, which had remained dormant for ages. With a breath full of dust, Dream opened them to reveal the bustling village below. He gently scraped candle wax off the lavish tiles, picking up the thrown novels in the process.

Steadily, the room became cleaner than ever. The domain looked as if the maids had stopped by for a cleaning.

"W-wow, Dream. It looks amazing." George muttered, dumbfounded at the sight of the area.