She Asked for It

TW: blood, gore, rap3 mention, victim-blaming, slight homophobia

Sapnap dwelled in the depths of Wisteria's dungeon; he bellowed pleads of help to anyone listening.

"Don't speak unless you're told. Unless you want another dagger in your body, feel free to chat away. No one is coming for you. They're dead, remember?"

The knight keeping watch of Sapnap perched on a creaky stool beyond the iron bars that held Sapnap captive.

Sapnap's shoulder stung as it was wrapped in a dirty cloth by the Wisteria knights. The wound in his shoulder only subsided with the sweet drips of alcohol Sapnap was allowed. The liquid was ambrosia to his aching body. The gash was beginning to become infected. His situation was dire. He must be treated quickly.

Thoughts of Dream flashed through his head.

Dream, Sapnap's best friend since childhood, abandon him for who? Why did he turn his back when Sapnap cried out?

Dream should have completed the mission by now.

Why hadn't he come home?

Didn't he miss Sapnap? Didn't he miss his friends?

Come home, Dream.

He seemed to be well. His hair was grown out way past the buzz cut Dream used to have. His build was still lean. Dream still towered over everyone, just as Sapnap had remembered.

Why hadn't Dream saved Sapnap?

Certainly, he hadn't replaced him?

Certainly, Sapnap hadn't lost his last friend left in this cruel world?

If Dream still cared, he would have saved me.

Sapnap's mind was plagued with thoughts of betrayal.

Dream knew Sapnap's biggest fear was losing his friends.

Why? Why had Dream left him?

Dream found someone better, I suppose.

Sapnap's eyes welled with tears. His heart longed for a friendship that didn't exist.

"Mister, I have some information."

Sapnap choked out a sentence under his barrage of salty tears.

"I'll give you information on someone in this very castle in exchange for my life."

"Our condition is grim. A bit over twenty of our staff members and ten knights perished in the ambush. We were unprepared and exposed. Victoria and I left for a trip to Lune to discuss battle plans with the King. I left King George here, assuming he could keep the castle under control. I suppose I was mistaken, however. Today we mourn the loss of all those whose lives were cut short by Sicarius Kingdom. We will retaliate at full force in memory of the innocents who passed away. The war doesn't end here. Remain hopeful. Their deaths will not be in vain."

George's father spoke into a crowd of Wisteria's somber citizens. Many begged for the end of the war. Other's had lost the motive to plead any longer.

Families wept under the cool autumn day.

Leaves soared through the sky freely as the trees blossomed colors of apricot and lemon.

Specks of dust seemed to dance in the shaft of afternoon sunlight that slanted between dotted clouds.

George, his father, and Victoria stepped into the palace's safety to avoid oncoming criticism and disapproval.