7- Two People? (BKG)

Not me forgetting to press the publish button
***

"Are you got in that thing?" Deku asked, it's a pretty sunny day today and a cloak like this one isn't really helping with the heat. But aside from the terrible heat I'm feeling, this really helps out with my quirk, since I've been dehydrated my explosions were weak, now that I'm better this sweat can produce much stronger ones than before.

"This works out well for me, just you fucking wait and see," I just want to fight something—anything—but I haven't seen any of those creepy things since Halfy killed one, do they only appear at night or something? It's near midday, we've been walking around for about four hours and the most I've seen were normal forest animals.

Halfy stops walking, I turn over to him and see him holding his head, "Knew I should've asked for books..," he wasn't facing Deku and I, his back was in our direction he shakes his head, "I really thought I could do it...," is he okay?

Deku put a hand to Halfy's shoulder, "Shoto, hey, look at me." Halfy faced Deku, his face covered with sweat and his expression was panicked, "I need you to stop thinking, here," Deku searched through his satchel and pulled out a book, "This is what you needed, right? Take it."

Halfy snatched the book from him and opened it up, "What was that about?" Deku seemed too familiar with the situation to not know what was going on.

"Everyone in the kingdom knows about the third prince's mental health, biggest news you'd hear. They kept it a secret until about two years ago when Shoto had suddenly thrown a fit at a banquet, word caught fast and the next thing they knew every village was aware that Prince Shoto can attack and bash out any minute, but he loses all memory of it, he isn't aware of what he's doing and only gains his own conscience back when he alters back."

Wow, that was a lot to take in, but there was more apparently since Deku just continued.

"He believed that he will stay calm whenever he reads a story but that just isn't true, Shoto's alter just goes along with reading the story, right now he is a completely different person, our kingdom still has no grasp on what this is and we just go along with everything for his sake, but we know he is unwell."

I understand entirely what Deku is talking about but I'm afraid if I tell him what Halfy might have it will ruin some sort of balance this world may have. If they discover something this big so suddenly, they might think Deku is the crazy one here. "I see, so now he isn't Halfy, but basically a stranger."

Deku shakes his head, "You've actually been speaking to this person for quite sometime, if I recall from what you told me, his actions towards you were never prince like at all, nearly stalled in the neck, yelled at for trying to protect him, maybe your actions and words triggered a switch in him. You've spoken to him often."

So I've been talking to two different people this whole time, what a turn of events.

I guess Halfy's got a condition then, it never bothered me at all with his attitude, I am a bitch myself so I can see where he's coming from. In a way, not everyone we'd meet will be completely okay, whether they're crazy or just have been in bad situations in life.

I ended up walking behind Halfy to make sure he doesn't go off track while he read the book Deku had given him during while he switched.

My only question about him is, whenever he alters between the two, why does he not complain or mention the lack of memory of what his actions were? There may be a possibility that he has become used to it or chooses to keep it all to himself, hopefully he'll open up about that to me...Ugh! No, now is not the time to start caring about someone you'll never see again!

"Katsuki, for someone who talked nonstop during our journey to Uraraka's home you sure have been silent. Why haven't you run your filthy mouth yet?" Halfy asked, I couldn't tell if he was worried I wasn't talking or was just insulting me but I chose to assume he had some heart in him.

"There's not much to fucking say so I ain't talking, unless ya got something you wanna talk about," I'm not the best at reading someone I haven't known long, I have yet to study his body language enough to determine what he actually felt at the time, but somehow I figured that he wanted to say something like he was keeping a secret from me and Deku that he wanted to spill at any moment.

I can see his fingertips turning a slight white color as he pressed harder on the book cover, "I have no business communicating with you, I much rather prefer Deku than you any day." He said with a scoff.

What a fucking bitch, we're never going to get along are we, wouldn't be surprised if that were the case.

"At that rate we might be able to make it by tomorrow afternoon, we can take a quick break, I'll go find somewhere to refill our water!" Deku quickly said with a wave as he run into another side of the forest.

Damnit, why leave me here with this guy of all people.

"Katsuki.."

Fuck, his voice gave me chills, it was deep and had his usual monotone sound to it. His eyes glared holes into my skull as we made contact.

"The next man we face will be somewhat childish, within the story it said that he will uphold a trial in order to deem us worthy for the gem he has, so if possible and allowed, I need for us to work together."

He spoke more proper and had less of an attitude, I didn't think that he could switch so quickly but anything could be possible. This is a different world so maybe conditions like the one he has works differently here? He might be able to switch just a little more often than the ones in my world.

"If the situation calls for it, then I'll consider working  together."

***
Super short chapter
Actually it's only short by 600-700 words than my usual but I have good reason
It's my birthday week lol so I'm not doing anything productive

Okay now that's gone

I've decided not to specifically identify what Todoroki has but imply it in a not so subtle way but people who aren't educated of it won't truly understand
I don't want to offend anybody with whatever Todoroki has and this is by all means not to make fun of them
This is purely fictional and if I have offended someone by whatever I wrote in here about it then I'll gladly take it out
Thank you for understanding