10- Illness(TDK)

check out my Luffy drawing, not technically mines as I only copied off a picture on google don't know who the actual artist is but hey, good art
***

We've tried a total of 12 times after our first attempt, none of our strategies had worked, I don't understand what Kirishima had meant by not using teamwork and trust instead, how can we not work together when we're tied up like this, it made no sense.

"One more time!" Katsuki yelled at Kirishima, he was the most determined out of this two of us, it was understandable, he must have been home sick especially after seeing his parents crying about his coma. I often forget that he's just a kid too, just a 16 year old boy, it must be painful having to go through all this at that age.

"Oi, take a break, you two have been going at it none stop just take ten minutes off," Kirishima scolded, the rope around our wrists had disappeared, my wrist stung and then skin was raw, the pale color turned pink from the irritation. I rubbed my wrists in some way to ease the pain.

Katsuki leaned back against a rock while crossing his legs, he looked exhausted, blond strands of hair cling to his face that was dirty and had a scrape or two from all the falling we've been through. Deku passed us some water which we gladly drank, "You guys overwork yourselves to easily, you're muscles aren't going to cooperate with you some day." Logically he had spoken the truth, there was no doubt that at some point all of this constant walking and working would prove maybe fatal if we're put in a dangerous situation.

I sat next to Katsuki, he was breathing hard, it's been a few hours since we started doing the trial, a ten minute break would be nothing compared to all that work we did. The trial takes muscle and brain power and yet we never once made it past that first platform. "Should I ask him for a longer break?" I asked Katsuki, it was a stupid mistake on my part, I knew how stubborn he could be at the wrong Time and this was one of them.

"No, you dumbass, that would just be wasting ti-"  he was cut off by his own coughing, it sounded painful as he wheezed for air to come to his lungs. I put a hand on his forehead, it wasn't too hot but he definitely had a small fever it could last a day or two.

"You're burning up, I think we should take a longer break," he's been progressively getting sick ever since we left the castle, I'm surprised he hadn't started to act up until now. His body is strong but it seems his illness had gotten the best of him and now he had a fever. "Kirishima, something happened, may I request an extension."

"Go ahead, ten minutes was just a suggestion, you can take a year break if you really wanted to," he laughed at his own joke, it wasn't until he noticed Katsuki's condition did his facial expression turn serious, "Oh.., he doesn't look too good, Izuku get a cloth."

Deku, with his all too known by now handy bag, pulled out a cloth. Kirishima drenched it in cold water which he conveniently had which was great I guess. He gave the cloth to me and I put it gently on Katsuki's forehead, he was still sitting up right against the rock so it was difficult keeping it on there especially when he smacked it away.

"I don't need that damn thing, I said—" he coughs a few times, "—I said let's move on to the trial already!" You could tell his throat was sore because of how hoarse it sounded when he spoke.

He attempted to get up but I put my hand on his shoulders to keep him against the rock, his skin was sticky and wet from sweat it even dampened the clothes he wore, "We aren't going to do anything, I did not leave my own fucking family for you to just die, you will rest no matter how much you beg." Katsuki was always a stubborn little brat, how could I have let that slip from my mind so easily.

Katsuki didn't face me anymore, his head was down and his fists were clenched. He wants to attack me, I'm sure of it, but he knows now is not the time or place to do so. "You don't understand..." he whispered, Deku was about to say something to him but I shushed him before he can utter a word. Katsuki will open up his feelings soon enough, I can tell, I'm not letting the chance go away just because an idiot decided to speak out of place.

"What don't I understand?"

"My parents are waiting for me...I don't want to leave them alone, I've never seen my mom so—so sad before. She always stood strong no matter what happened to her, seeing her cry was the last thing I'd expect from her, I want to see them again, to wipe those tears away and tell her 'I'm here, I'm okay' I can't deal with this shit anymore," and then he let out a small cry of some sort, "I wanna go home..," his voice was quiet and weak, it shook with every word he said, he was unconscious. The fever must have gotten to him.

I let out a small sigh, "I understand exactly how you feel, Katsuki, my mother was the same way..." I whispered to him even though I knew he couldn't here me it felt right to tell him and let him know that I knew where he was coming from. We were both put in completely different circumstances but they connected somehow.

"Shoto..." Deku mumbled.

I get off my knees to stand, "I forget sometimes he's just a kid, and a kid will always want to be near their mother..." a mother's love was unique to itself, every mother and child had a different relationship, it's a bond that could never be broken no matter good or bad she is. Katsuki is no different from the rest, he loves his mother and would never want to see her she's tears, it's beautiful how much he loves her.

"It's a minor fever, it should go down in a couple hours, you two might be able to finish the trial by tomorrow," Kirishima informed me, I am already well aware that Katsuki isnt sick enough that would cause him to die, someone like him could never die from such things.

Ah, geez, I can't find a reason to hate him as much as when we first met. Those frightened eyes aren't favorite things anymore, I want something else from him, but what?

Deku looked nervous, he picked his nails and lightly kicked the first beneath him, "What's wrong, Deku?" I asked him.

"I-it's nothing, Sh-Shoto...heheh..."

Something was definitely wrong with him, but I'll have to ask him about it later.

What am I supposed to do in the meantime i wait for Katsuki to feel better?

I sit beside him, it's very awkward, I don't really have a clue on what to do. He looked uncomfortable with his head positioned like that, I moved it on my shoulder so now he's leaning on me. This just made it more awkward damnit I suck! Okay, he's sleeping so it's not like he'd scream at me for doing this. Yeah, it's fine, everything is fine, totally not freaking out.

I don't understand why I'm thinking so uncharacteristically like this, it's odd, I've never felt something so weird before...god help me.

The myself in the past sure was oblivious, but soon enough I had found out just what these feelings were, and never once did I regret it.

**
Y'all I want Bakugou's birthday chapter to fall on his birthday
Number one reason why I delayed this chapter
Cuz the next one obviously his birthday
Also the reason why this one is short cuz next scene would be the next day