14- A Coward But A Hero! Doctor And Witch!(TDK)

Warning: In the beginning of the chapter there will be a description of blood and vomiting, for those uncomfortable please skip those paragraphs
***

"You better not drop me out of spite, bastard!" Katsuki growled at me, I've gotten used to his nonsensical comments about nearly all that goes around him. I feel little sympathy that he's paralyzed so with the smallest bit of it in mind I'll let his words slide, he must be either scared or frustrated that he cannot move.

"Kacchan, we'll try to make this trip nice and easy, but you have to cooperate," Deku spoke as we ran, talking would only drain out more of our strength so we have to keep in mind how we use it.

Katsuki made a 'tch' sound, "It's not like I have any choice to fucking cooperate, I can't fucking move!" Well he does have a point there, so Deku's words don't exactly have much of an impact.

The run to the village was not a pretty one, first of all, Kirishima's energy was spent up on his teleportation so he slowed us down by jogging instead of running. Now that wasn't much of a set back since he did make it two hours early than what he was supposed to do so we had some spare time. But what happened next wasn't something one would see as pretty.

"I-It's eating a person..." Deku's voice was a shaky one, all four of us were silent as we watched a creature devour a person right in front of our eyes, luckily the person was dead so our ears were spared from the cries of help they must have slipped. The sight was a bloody one, the sound of bones cracking and the ripping of flesh, the was indeed a brutal way to die. The big furry monster showed no interest in us, being too busy eating to be able to pay much attention to his surroundings. But something just had to happen.

There was always something.

Katsuki vomited in my arms, I won't get mad at him, I mean who wouldn't vomit at such a sight especially a kid like him. Sadly though, the splash of his acidic fluids hitting the ground alerted the sensitive ears of the monster who looked up from his meal and spotted us behind a bush. It growled with such murderous intensity as it slyly and cautiously stepped towards us.

"I have no energy to fight, the most I can do is protect Katsuki while you two fight it," Kirishima said as I placed down Katsuki against a tree. Katsuki's condition was well though he had just vomited, he was silent though from possible embarrassment or due to the awful taste left behind. I nodded at Kirishima, he was fairly reasonable, another monster could show up at any second.

I took out my knife an extended it into a sword, Deku pulled out a sword of his own from his bag. "This one looks like a C class, im not sure if two is enough to fight it off," Deku thought aloud or maybe he intended for me to hear how he doubted my skills. I may have abandoned my title but I am still a prince by blood, which means I naturally have some fighting capability up my sleeves.

The creature jumped at us, Deku stabbed It's neck, as it let out a cry of pain I changed my sword back into a knife and poked its eye with it. The thing jerked away from us with Deku's sword still in its neck. "It totally just stole my sword!" He yelled at it before pulling out a new one, what's the point of complaining about it when you have an infinite amount of them.

My knife turned into a sword as I blocked an attack from its odd looking arms. Deku, from behind it made an attempt to stab its back but failed as its other arm extended and slapped the sword away but injuring itself in the process. What the hell is this thing, it looked like a shadow, it was tall and back with big red eyes. It had the ability to stretch its limbs to any length they saw fit.

This is no C class monster, at least not by strength though it certainly looks like a C class. Have they somehow evolved into B class strength. That's not possible since an evolution would happen every hundred years for them, they need another 34 years to level up in power. So how the hell?!

"Shoto, it's too dangerous to keep on fighting that thing, Katsuki isn't looking too good either!" Kirishima shouted at us. I looked back to see what he meant by Katsuki's condition but I only caught a small glimpse—not enough to tell how bad—before I was smacked by the long arm of the creature.

As I impacted the ground I landed in front of Katsuki who was awake but breathing hard and his face was pale once again. "Sh-Shoto..." he said. My eyes widened, he had said my name for the first time, it was weird coming from him, I had gotten too used to that ridiculous Nick name had bestowed on me.

I stood back on my feet, I looked back at the creature seeing it pick up Deku by the neck as he struggled in its grip. The shadow creature opened its mouth extremely wide, its dozens of razor sharp teeth poked out. I picked up my sword while it was distracted by Deku and sliced its neck but the sword couldn't go through all the way. It was halfway stuck in his neck. Deku—while shaking—lifted his hand and placed it on the blade, he pushed it along with me as we attempted to behead the creature. It shrieked as we cut its neck slowly and painfully, it's hold on Deku's neck going tighter and Deku's push on the sword going weaker. Success! It's head had landed on the floor just as it's body and Deku did.

"That...that was n-not a C class..," Deku spoke out of breath as he wrapped his bleeding hand in a cloth.

"Indeed, it felt more like a B or an A class rather than a C," I replied. We both turned to face Kirishima and Katsuki, I picked the blonde up and we continued with our journey. No time will be waisted especially with how Katsuki is now.

We made it to the village in 11 hours, this of course included the set back with that shadow monster. "The doctor's house should be near here," Kirishima said as he looked at each house carefully. It had started the get cloudy outside, a storm is most likely to occur soon. "Ah! There it is! Right over here!" He jogged enthusiastically to the house which looked like all the other houses but I guess peasants would know the difference.

Kirishima knocked on the door very gently. The door opened slowly and only with a small crack were we able to see the single golden eye of the doctor, "He-hello..?"

"It's me, Kirishima, my friend here consumed some sort of poison and the other two had gotten injured on the way, if you could help them I'd be grateful," I'm surprised Kirishima was able to speak formally since his appearance to us wasn't the best.

The doctor opened the door all the way, revealing his whole body. His hair was blond with one line of black, he certainly looked cowardly, no surprise from that. "O-Okay, come in. Ochako w-will set you up."

Ochako? The name sounds familiar, but I couldn't quite remember from where. "So it seems you got Katsuki poisoned on his birthday," gosh darn it! It's the witch lady! Her arms were crossed and she looked at me with disappointment. "Royalty these days, can't seem to trust them."

"Hey, I never knew he drank poison and it didn't kick in until a day later," I defended myself, I looked at Katsuki on the bed fast asleep—though he was awake when he was placed on it he must have gotten comfortable. "Besides...once he feels better I'll make sure he has a good birthday, we still have three days until the month in his world ends and since I have no clue what day it falls on...these next few days will be his birthday." I didn't face the witch, I just know she'll have that smug look on her face.

"It seems the crazy prince has a heart, it's nice to know you have other emotions other than mad and annoyed," she chuckled, "Seriously though, if Katsuki dies here It's game over for him, try to keep him alive."

I sighed, "I know that, dammit. Uh, hey, I have a question that maybe you could answer?" I think now is a good time to ask since we're alone. She nodded, waiting for the question, "I had this dream, I saw myself but younger looking and I was with my mother. But it didn't feel like a dream, I physically felt like I was there and it was in the weird white room it was all advanced stuff so I assumed it was in Katsuki's world. How come I was able to see that world's Shoto?"

The witch stood quiet in thought, "My only guess could be a peak of what that world is like, it may be possible that you can shift temporally into Katsuki's universe in that Shoto's body. It happened only that one time?"

"Yes, it did."

"I'm at a complete loss, my only guess it what I said a moment ago."

I knew she wouldn't have much of an answer, but it's nice to know that the me in that world has his mother, hopefully she was as kind as mine.

I smile at the thought.

***
How come the monsters had suddenly become stronger than their initial class?
Does it have something to do with the sudden lack of them?