17- Kariage (BKG)

Trigger warning: Suicide and death
***
"I've been thinking, how about when you graduate from UA, you start your own hero agency and let me in!" Kariage asked with a big smile on his face. Out of all my followers in middle school, he's the only one I considered to be my friend. He always found a way to calm me down whenever I get into one of my moods and I feel really comfortable with him.

"Only if your strong enough, dumbass. When I get my agency, I'm not letting any weaklings in there." I smirked at him. Maybe this would give him a challenge, to finally see that his quirk might actually have a use to save people.

He looked down to his hands, " When I say let me join you, I meant as like a secretary or something. These teeth won't do much for combat..." he gives a sad laugh.

"Maybe not, but you still have your muscles, focus on that and comply it to your teeth, and I'll have a human piranha in my agency." I give a fist bump to his shoulder as a means of encouragement. "How's that sound, once you get a fighting style, I might consider making you my side kick!" 

Kariage sighs but he gave me a smile anyway, "No guarantee, but I'll try if that's what makes you happy," he takes the wrist of my hand that was still in a fist on his shoulder. Keeping my hand that way, he takes his free hand and gives mine a fist bump, "We'll be pro heroes together, and I'll be your trusty side kick!"

Who knew that on that same day...

"Bakugou!"

One of us wouldn't make it to see tomorrow...

"Go! Run with the others! Find a hero! Call the poli—" I couldn't speak anymore, my mouth had been filled with the disgusting sludge from this nasty villain. The crowd had slowly begun to gather around us, everyone is keeping their distance, all except Kariage.

He shook his head, "I can't leave you behind! We promised to become heroes together and that means staying together!"

Please just leave...I have a bad feeling about this. My eyes start water from the struggle, my oxygen has been cut off by the villain. I closed my eyes to fight the tears that are coming down from all this suffocation. I let out my quirk, I have to do something—anything! I'm not gonna stay here helpless while he's doing his best to stay calm and dig his way threw the monster.

"You damn brat!"

A loud band was heard, but it didn't come from me...

Opening my eyes, I expected to see All Might—or any hero—to come and dispose of this guy...

But no...

"KARIAGE!"

I managed to shout, though it sounded as if I was under water. I see my best friend against the wall, blood smeared on it as well as dripping from his head. I can see he's breathing, he's alive—but barely.

Everything else went by like a blur, Deku tried to save me like a dumbass and All Might managed to change the whether with a single hit while simultaneously kicking the villain's ass. But the first thing I did once I was let free, was run to Kariage's side.

"Hey! Say something, anything! You have to say something, idiot! You-you can't...you can't die yet, not when I haven't died first..." my voice started to crack, he didn't look like he was breathing anymore. We can still save him, if the heroes take him to the hospital fast enough, they can bring him back. They have to!

"I'm sorry, but I'm afraid it was an almost instant death, most likely was in pain for only a minute or so before passing. Even if he managed to live, the brain had gone through too much trauma...he'd be a vegetable for the rest of his life. That is not something we'd wish upon a child or anyone," one of the heroes said before I even managed to finish what I was asking him to do.

This can't be fucking happening...Kariage died right in front of me and I was too weak to do anything about it. Our dream to become pros together crushed just a few hours after making that promise. That damn fucking promise that drove him to stay here in the first place. If I hadn't mentioned it today, would he have still stayed? I doubt that much.

"Kacchan—"

"Stay away from me, stupid Deku!" I yelled, then went with the police who needed me for the report on incident.

After talking with the police, I had to be picked up by my parents which was stupid. I basically killed my best friend, I should be locked up alongside that sludge villain. I'm a murderer, I don't deserve to be free.

"Hey, brat, you holding up okay? I know I may not show it, but I do love ya. Let me know if you need anything," the bag said as she drove the car back home. My dad agreed with her by nodding, probably too ashamed to be living with a killer to even talk to me.

Slamming the door to my room, I can't stop thinking about him. It's too much to comprehend, I just...want to be together again. I...really fucking liked him, a lot.

Closing my eyes tight, I just can't even understand the fact that he's really gone. It way too much to even think about. He was smiling just a few hours ago, so then why was he bleeding from his mouth...

He's dead...

...and it's all my fault.

It's only been three hours since he's passed, and it's too much for me to handle already.

I'll just...have to end it. I won't be able to feel this anymore, I'll be able to see him again! We'll be reunited when I die too!

Taking the belt from my school uniform, I tie it around the hanger bar in my closet and get on a stool. Quickly wrap it around my neck before I could even turn away from this...

..and drop.

"Masaru, he isn't breathing!"

That was all I heard before I died.

Or I thought I died at least...

***

"Thanks to my trusty assistant, he was able to break a piece of the gem of trust. The gem as a whole will still have its power, so don't worry about it not working. All I had to do was mix some chemicals and we have an all poison antidote! I already injected it into his bloodstream so he should be up in a bit."

Who the hell is that talking...

"Your personality sure does change when you're working," I recognize that as Kirishima.

"S-sorry, I just get a little passionate sometimes, especially when it comes to poisons," I'm guessing that's a doctor.

I can sort of move my body, I gotta try to signal them I'm awake, but I can't move my eyelids. Ah, I can feel my fingers twitching slightly, maybe this is enough to let them know.

"Hey, Kacchan is moving!" Of course not even this Deku can learn how to keep his mouth shut.

"That's great! He must be waking up, it'll take a bit of time before the numbness is off his whole body though," the doctor sounds a little embarrassed because of this.

"Oh, no! That's fine, we still need to find the Prince so we can't leave until we find him anyway," Kirishima said.

Something happened to Halfy? Moreover, he managed to get himself lost or something? It wouldn't be surprising considering he wasn't allowed outside the castle his whole life.

"Doctor, has the antidote worked yet?" A new voice...a familiar voice actually, spoke. From what I can tell, he most likely just came into the room since he doesn't know I moved yet.

The doctor giggles a bit, "Yeah, and it's all thanks to your quick thinking, Kariage."

...Kariage...?

***
😮‍💨 I promise once school is over I'll be back to weekly chapters. I know waiting is hard and many of you have probably lost interest in this. But I hope that once the story is finished, that it was worth it