(Extra): Autumn

Chris

September 29th

September 29th

I crouched down to move the thin layer of dirt and I placed the ball where I thought his hand would be. Like every year I told him a story about the toy.

"Ya'know Me and Allen use to be on the basketball team when we were your age. You know me, I was ballin' like Jordan! I don't know what the fuck Allen was doing. That nigga should have been a cheerleader." I chuckled and leaned my head on the warm stone. The fall leaves scattered across the ground in front of me.

"I always wondered if you had the chance would like basketball. You could have been like 6'9. I'd still beat your ass if you fucked up though,even from on a ladder."

"I miss you man. I know I say this every time but I wish I would have done better. I was so fucked up then. I wish I could change the way things turned out. I'd switch places if I could."

The wind picked up and I zipped my hoodie. I realized that it had been a few hours already and I'm usually gone by now. I heard leaves shuffling from behind me and looked over.

What the fuck.

Her long brown hair blew in the wind and her heels tapped against the concrete. I don't think she saw me but I saw her about to crossover to the grass and got up. I caught her just as she tripped. Allen taught me early not to wear high ass heels in grass. She shrieked and pushed me back. "Fu- Chris? What are you doing here?" Her face softened and I stopped scowling.

"Nah, What you doing here?"

"I come here every year at this time." She slowly walked away but I didn't believe her. "No you don't. You never come here."

How the fuck she gon' lie?!

"Yes I do Chris."

"I-"

"I come here after you leave. You're here from ten to twelve every year. I wait in my car until you pull off so I can spent the rest of his day with him." She interrupted.

My mouth was open but I didn't have anything to say. Damn.

I just let it go.

"Sorry." I mumbled and she nodded. She took her shoes off and sat on a small blanket beside him. "Hey! Happy Birthday!" I looked away when I saw tears in her eyes and her quivering smile.

Softly she sang Happy Birthday and lit the green candle on the cupcake she brought. Once she finished the song the wind blew the candle out. I didn't know I was crying until Nicole held my hand sympathetically. "It's okay. He does that every year. Don't cry."

I gave her a hug and picked his ball up. I'll put it in his room before I hit the studio.

Nicole sat back down and smiled at him. My heart couldn't take it anymore.

Die Tonight-T.Songz 2/3On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara