Chapter 2: I'll Be There

Carmen

March 9th, 2022-Atlanta,GA

9:30am

I walked into the building with my camera equipment and a bold frown. The usual but with an added stomach ache. I've been throwing up nonstop for the past few days. I haven't figured out why.

"Ms.Carangi, it's a pleasure to meet you." A shorter older woman smiled at me, I gave a slight smile. "Likewise Ms..-"

"Raymond. Mrs.Raymond." I nodded and she showed me around. Once we made it to the set she told me that the people would be out soon. I gave a nod and began setting up. My stomach was turning and I could feel myself ready to vomit but I'm going to try to keep it down.

The lens was ready and the lighting in the room seemed about right. About now my stomach is bubbling and it was getting harder to control the urge. I sat down and looked around.

There was a stylist going through the racks in the corner. I smiled slightly at that; that use to be me.

It was slowly making it's way up. I could hear people approaching but my mind was on other things.

9:48-

"Ms. Car-uhh. Ms!"

Oh shit.

I got up and started to run to the bathroom but before I could get to the door I bumped into a wall. It knocked my vomit back and me on the ground. My butt hurts and I feel worst than I did earlier. "You okay?" The voice startled me and I looked around to see who it was but my eyes landed on the shoes in front of me. What? My eyes traveled up and met his.

That Effing Bastard.

He held his hand out but I declined to take it and somehow managed to get back up on my wobbly legs. He was staring at me the whole time like he was trying to find out something, my stomach was churning and I feel like I'm about to die. Once we made eye contact his eyes widened, my stomach weakened, and I attempted my get away.

"Carmen, is that you?" I was already gone but he managed to grab my sleeve to stop me. I froze again and held my stomach before I turned around. "Hello.........Neverson." I said with a cold expression on my face. He looked at me shocked, As if he had seen a ghost. Before I knew it he kissed me.

I immediately broke all contact away from him and stumbled back. "How dare you?" I really needed to go to the bathroom but I was furious. How effing dare him!

"Look, I'm sorry I-"
"Don't." I said before walking away but he grabbed my arm.

"What's up with you? Why you runnin'?" He inquired.

"I need to go." I mumbled, trying not to blow chunks all over my new shirt. It's blue with buttons and it makes me look like a grown up, I kinda need it. I pulled away but he grabbed my arm AGAIN. "Stop! Grabbing! M-" I was cut off when my stomach lurched and I let it all out. It felt like I puked for hours but it was non stop for two minutes. When I was able to catch my breath I looked at it and my jaw fell. Nevers-Trema-Trey was covered in vomit. I'm kind of sorry, but I'm kind of not. He should have let me go..