Chapter 4: Coincidences

Kassidy

March 13th,2022Early in the morning

March 13th,2022
Early in the morning.

"Mommy!" I yelled at the big brown door.

"Mommy!" I yelled and started hitting the door. It was still quiet and I'm getting scared. I huffed, folded my arms and got on the el'vador.

I shouldn't have left the room and now I'm gonna get in trouble. I pushed the "G" button mommy pushed yesterday and waited.

The el'vador stopped and I ran out but I hit something. "Hey!" We said at the same time. The lady looked down at me and helped me up. She looks super tall, like my mommy! But she got orange hair. She stared at me and I squinted at her. Mommy said staring isn't nice.

"Where'd you come from?" The tall lady asked. I'm not suppose to talk to strangers. She went down to my size on her knees. "Your parents around?" I tilted my head and stayed quiet. "What's wrong with you? Talk."

"I'm not suppose to talk to strangers."

"Well you just did so cut the shit." I frowned and crossed my arms. "Anyway, why you down here this early by yourself?"

"I did a bad thing and Mommy is gone."

Her eyes got big. "Yo she died!?"

"WHAT!!?" I screamed but the lady looked at me crazy. "Okay so I'm going to assume that you mean she's alive but not here. Right?" I looked up at her and stayed quiet. She rolled her eyes and started talking to her self. 'What the f-word is wrong with this kid?'

"Aight, Come with me." The lady was walking but I didn't move. She turned around and frowned at me. "Fuck wrong with you? Bring your ass." She came over and pulled me with my arm. We went to the sitting area where the snack machine thingy was and the lady bought me fruit snacks. I said thank you and she disappeared. A while after she came back with a can. "What's that?" I pointed to it.

She raised her eyebrows and laughed. "A margarita."

"Huh?"

"It's a drink with alcohol in it."

"Oh. My mommy doesn't let me drink al'co'hol. She put it on my cuts. See." I pointed to the band aid on my elbow. The lady laughed and was drinking it with a straw. "Nah kid. This is the good alcohol not the kind for your cuts. This is a strawberry rita."

Ooo strawberry.

"Can I have a st'arberry rita!" She raised her eyebrows and looked around the room then looked at me again. "You want some?" I did a big nod and she shrugged. "Eh. It's only 8% in here." The lady gave me something called a wador'fall of the starberry drink. "Ew."

"You don't like it?" I shook my head and she laughed. "Good. Now where's your family?"

"I have a mommy but I can't find her."