(Extra) Family

Simone

Trey had some meeting in New York and left earlier this week

Trey had some meeting in New York and left earlier this week. It's been all work and kids for me, but when hasn't it?

I've been a nurse for thirteen years and a mom for nine. Things got tough at times but I didn't give up. Taking care of two kids was a job itself and I had to do it alone. I was scared. Trey and I were young and we were serious enough to plan for a future. We lived in the moment.

"Go clean up!" I said and Alex proceeded to do so. Tevin stomped and folded his arms. "I don't wanna clean up!" I shot him the look. "What?"

"Nothing Mom." He went to help Alex while I made sure everything else was spotless. I only had twenty minutes to get ready before my Aunt Moxie popped up here.

Aunt Moxie is older than me by a year. She's judgemental and insensitive just like my mother and grandfather. I guess they were raised to be. Last year when I saw her see wore her hair in a pixie cut and lost the weight she gained over the years from a depression. We've talked onghe phone for the last few months and she asked to visit. Being my mom's little sister I couldn't really say no without getting a call from my mother. To this day that annoys me.

"Momma!" I sighed and went to the door. Surprisingly it was Trey. He said he had some business in New York to take care of and left for a week. He always called and checked in so I didn't mind.

"Dad!" Alex hugged Trey and they talked for a bit. Tevin glared and walked out the room. "Hey babe." Trey pecked my lips and put Alex on the ground. "Hey. Don't leave your bag there, she could trip."

"Who?"

"Moxie."

"Who?!" Before I could reply the door bell rang. I peeked and opened the door. "Simone!"

"Aunt Moxie" she hugged me and her shoulder length hair flew in my face. "It's so wonderful to see you." She patted my head despite us being the same height. (5'5)

"Yeah.."

A woman stood behind her with a small smile. "Hello."

"Oh I almost forgot. This is my new client the extraordinary Naijah Morgan. She just finish the vogue cover this morning." She bragged and I refrained from rolling my eyes. Naijah and I shook hands and I welcomed her in.

"So. Where are the boys?" I called the twins into the room and her bright smile fell dramatically. I couldn't figure out why but chose to ignore it. "This is Tevin and this is Alex." I pointed and told them to say hi. She stared at them and placed a wary smile on her face. Naijah raised an eyebrow before going back to the car. Mox asked to see the house but got distracted by the noise in the kitchen. "Who's in there?".

I walked her into the kitchen and smiled as I wrapped an arm around Trey. "Moxie this is Trey, and Trey this is my aunt Moxie."

"Hey, nice to m-" Trey dropped the sandwich he was making and stared at her. She stared at him and tension began to brew. She huffed and Trey smacked his lips. "You said Moxie!" He shouted down at me and it frightened me a little. "I-I know. That's what I've always called her." I regained my composure and finished. "I couldn't pronounce her name when I was little and Moxie was as close as I could get."