Die Tonight: Chapter 9: Karma

(Kassidy and Rory.)

Weren't you the one who said that you don't want me anymore

And how you need your space and give the keys back to your door

And how I cried and tried and tried to make you stay with me

And still you said your love was gone and that I had to leave

Now you're Talking bout a family

Now you're saying I complete your dreams

Oh

Now you're sayin I'm your everything

You're confusing me

What you saying to me, don't play wit me, don't play wit me

Cause....

[Chorus:]

What goes around comes around

What goes up must come down

Now who's cryin', desiring to come back to me

What goes around comes around

What goes up must come down

Now who's cryin, desirin', to come back.

Karma- Alicia Keys
°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

The Present

Carmen

Thirteen of us sat in the chairs surrounding Tremaine. It's been silent since his mother's outburst a few minutes ago.

Awkwardly I shifted in my seat. I felt her eyes on my every move. Her eyes shifted to Kassidy when she adjusted herself on my lap. I just want to go home. I softly sighed to myself.

"You don't have to be here." She muttered bitterly. "Right." Christopher consigned. I didn't move again until a moment later when I received a text.

Riley- Do you want me to whoop her ass?

- Not right now but thanks.

I reluctantly looked up and we locked eyes. She glared at me hard as if to intimidate me. My blank stare did nothing but fuel the small fire. She walked out and dragged the shorter white woman out with her.

The nurse popped her head in saying that the doctor would be visiting in a few minutes.

"Mommy?" Kassidy whispered and I glanced at her. "Can I go use it?" I nodded and avoided eye contact with the remaining people while leaving the room.

We went to the nearest bathroom and I stood by the sink while Kasi did what she had to do.

We got back to the room and settled in our seat. The shift in the air told me that I was under the glare of who I know is going to be a problem while I'm here.

April Tucker.

9 hours earlier

Chris

We been calling Carmen raggedy ass for months and she ain't been answering. I'm done with it. Allen can keep trying, I don't give a fuck anymore.

"She deserves to know Chris." Allen sighed and looked at Trey's sorry ass.

He slept peacefully in his bed since he got a shot of morphine a few minutes ago. I looked up the sound of the door opening. "What the fuck?"

He chuckled and walked toward me. "Not happy to see me?" I raised an eyebrow and hesitantly dapped with him. "Nah, it's not that." He sniffled and his eyes bugged out a little. "Then what is it?" His tone was defensive and that made me raise my other eyebrow. He stepped closer with this deranged look on his face. I took a step back and he moved closer. "What the fuck is wrong with you?"