Chapter 1: Meeting Up

Hi! Sorry about the double introduction, if I deleted one the other one would be gone too. Smh.

 Anyways Enjoy the Chapter :).

___________________________________

Carmen

I stared at this weeks itinerary with a frown

I stared at this weeks itinerary with a frown. Five different photoshoots have been set up for next week. 

Why..
I closed my calendar and began to look for either of my phones. The business one happens to be in my hand so I can only assume that the other one is in the kitchen. It's not like I do anything important so there's not really a reason to have more than one but whatever.

Once everything was turned off I started walking down the stairs.

I was scrolling down the screen when the vibration of an incoming message startled me and I missed the whole step. "Shit" I muttered to myself and raised an eyebrow at the backpack in the hall. It was unusually quiet so I feared what maybe waiting for me in another room.

Narration

Kassidy

"Mom!" Kassidy called out as she walked into her home. She dropped her backpack in the hall and continued her journey to the kitchen. She climbed onto the island with her Batman book and laid down before she devoured an entire box of fruit snacks. The clock said 2:02 and she began to wonder where her mother was.

The sound of something or someone tumbling down the stairs gave her a clue.

"Shit." Carmen muttered under her breath as she picked herself up from the ground. She regained her balance and walked into the kitchen to find her daughter laying flat on the porcelain island. The snack wrappers that cluttered the area didn't bother her as much as the small boots that were up there with them. Carmen stared at the child as she slowly approached her. She looked down and bit the corner of her bottom lip. "Are you playing on eating those?" She gestured to Kassidy's boots making Kassidy let out a goofy giggle. "Noooo. I can't eat shoes!" She gasped making Carmen chuckle. "Then they probably shouldn't be up there." Kassidy nodded and tossed them into the hallway and laid back down. Carmen tilted her head and frowned.