Chapter 26: Free Drinks

Calum and I were going to meet Michael and Luke at a bar and grill a few blocks from the hotel. I told him that Michael didn't know Luke and I were together yet and that it should be Luke and I to tell him instead of Calum just blurting it out when we got to the restaurant. I was actually excited to be going out in public for the first time in what felt like forever, and to add to the joy, I was going to be able to discreetly display my affection to my boyfriend in front of Calum and Michael. That weight was lifted off of my shoulders and it made me feel really happy. I actually felt more happy about it than I originally thought I would've. 

I felt a vibration in my pocket as I looked out the window of the cab that was taking us to the restaurant. I took out my phone, smiling when I saw that it was Luke sending me a kissy face emoji.

"I'm going to guess that's your sugar daddy?" Calum asked with a smirk and a wiggle of his eyebrows.

"If anything, I'm his sugar daddy. I'm like two years older than him," I laughed, quickly sending a heart eyes emoji and heart back to him. 

"Okay, fine, is that your sugar baby?" he asked, rolling his eyes. 

"Yes, yes it is," I answered, chuckling at him.

"You had a dorky smile on your face. Did he send you nudes? If he did, I'm going to tell Liz," Calum threatened. 

"No! He didn't send nudes, you twisted fucker!" I denied, laughing with Calum. I glanced up, seeing the old cab driver giving us a weird look, but strangely, I didn't care and thought that he was just a stupid old man who must not understand what it's like to be so in love with someone. 

"Don't tell me he just sent you some corny shit," he said. I didn't respond, trying to keep a straight face, but I smiled at him, earning another large eye roll from him. "Oh, good God. You're turning into a girl. I'm going to have to have a chat with Luke because he's bringing out your inner female."

"I can assure you that I'm not turning you into a girl. You would be the same way, don't deny it," I said, smiling at the Kiwi boy. 

"And I can assure you that I would not be drooling like a teenage girl if Luke sent me a cheesy and 'romantic' texts, I would be extremely concerned because he should be sending you that shit," Calum retorted. 

Before I could say anything, we pulled up to the restaurant. My stomach instantly got butterflies and I couldn't help but smile, knowing that my boyfriend was in there and that we were finally going to tell Michael and then I wouldn't have to lie to them about my sexuality anymore, which was a huge weight off of my shoulders. We got out of the taxi and I tried my best not to run into the establishment. I could hear Calum snickering from behind me, probably amused at how much I am acting like a lovesick teenage girl. 

"Good lord, Ashton. I don't think I have ever seen you like this. Frankly, I'm scared," Calum chuckled as we went towards the 'Please Wait To Be Seated' sign. 

"Sorry..." I apologized, feeling my cheeks heat up and a small smile formed on my face. I can't help how much I love my boyfriend, especially now that we're out to our two best friends. It's like the honeymoon stage couples get when they first start dating, even if we have been dating for a while. 

"Good evening. Is there just two in your party?" the young waiter asked, holding two menus in his hand. 

"No, we're actually meeting two other lads here. One is about as tall as a giraffe, the other has crazy colored hair," Calum described to him. 

The waiter quickly scanned the restaurant, nodding. "I believe I found who you're looking for." 

We followed him to the corner booth on the other side of the restaurant, Michael's now blue hair sticking up over the back. I looked at Luke, seeing that he was smiling at me, in which I blushed and looked down at the floor. Calum slid in by Michael and I slid in by Luke, accidentally putting my hand on top of his. Instead of taking it away out of embarrassment, I nonchalantly just moved it onto my thigh, as if it never happened, but Luke took it and tangled our fingers together. I looked up from our hands and he had a loving look on his face, making me respond with a wider smile than I already had. 

"Okay, why are you guys looking at each other like your each other's dream date?" Michael asked, not even aware that he hit it right on the head.

"Because that's what we are. At least, that's what Ashton is to me. I hope it's the same for him," Luke said, looking over at me with a slight laugh and squeezed my hand. 

"Wait, wait, wait...you guys are dating?" Michael asked, a look of confusion on his face.

"Yes, we are," Luke said confidently, putting our intertwined hands on the table. 

"Oh my God. Is this recent? How come you didn't tell us?" Mikey asked.

"I hate to tell you, but I already knew. Ash told me," Calum giggled.

"How come Michael is the last to know?!" he asked, throwing up his arms as he tried to be all dramatic. 

"Because it was kind of a spur-of-the-moment thing when I told Calum, which was this afternoon," I told him. 

"Well, I approve because you're all adorable and shit," Michael said with a smile, a look of approval on his face. "I'm going to buy you both drinks, okay?"

"Ahem, what about me?" Calum said, looking at the now blue haired boy. 

"You aren't in a cute as fuck relationship, now are you?" Michael retorted.

"Well, I could if you would just give in and have sex with me," Calum smirked, making Michael's cheeks turn a light rosy pink.

"You never asked," he responded cheekily.

"Well, I'm asking now," the Kiwi boy smirked, scooting closer to Michael so there faces were only inches apart.

"Okay, let's order some onion rings, yeah?" Luke said, quickly changing the subject and started waving down the waiter.

----

I had to include a little Malum ;) They are too cute, I just can't handle it. #sorrynotsorry