Chapter 8: Determined

(Unedited)

It was nearing 1:00 in the afternoon here in Lisbon and all four of us were tired beyond our means. Adam had insisted that we rehearse our set today, as well as tomorrow, but we were still getting used to the 15 hour time change and half-assing our playing/singing, looking forward to when we could go back to the hotel and finally sleep again.

"Boys! You're performing like zombies!" Adam yelled as he cut us off in the middle of Good Girls.

"That's because we're supposed to be sleeping," Mikey grumbled into the microphone. 

"Yeah, if you were in Sydney, but you're in Portugal," Adam snapped. "Come on now. Tomorrow night is the tour opener. You boys need to get your heads in the game."

"Adam, we're going to be fine. All we need to do is play, sing, and entertain. That's it," Calum said, trying to convince him that we were prepared enough.

"Do you know the set?" he asked.

"No, but we can look over it. Seriously, we've had enough practice for one day," Luke chimed in. Adam crossed his arms. "Please? We're tired and hungry."

"Fine. I'm putting my faith into all of you, so you better give it 110 percent tomorrow night otherwise I'll have your heads," he finally gave in. His eyes zeroed in on Michael. "And you better be going straight back to the hotel and not out drinking."

"Why are you looking at me? They drink too!" Michael asked. 

"Yes, but it's mostly you and Calum," he said. "Either way, I better not hear about it. If you're too tired to rehearse, than you're too tired to party." 

"Yes, Adam," all of said in unison. 

The boys took off their guitars and I got out from behind my drum set. Calum and Michael went off of the makeshift stage and grabbed their bottles of water while Luke walked with me. Luke made sure we were behind the others a good distance. I wasn't really sure why, but whatever I guess. I wasn't particularly in the mood to walk fast anyway. 

"When we get back to the hotel, do you want to finish Wherever You Are?" he asked me quietly.

"I suppose. I wasn't going to do anything except sleep or watch some stupid show," I agreed.

"If you don't want to, we don't have to," he said.

"No, it's fine. Just be happy Adam upgraded us to a suite with a sitting room. Mikey and Cal might be pissed at us otherwise," I told him. 

----

We finished writing and getting the chords to Wherever You Are in at least an hour in a half. Both Luke and I took turns singing it and I thought it sounded pretty well put together. Now we were trying to figure out the drum beats to it, which wasn't very difficult since it was a slow song that didn't require much drumming. 

"Should we show this song to Adam tonight or tomorrow?" Luke asked me. 

"I don't know. Do you think he'd change the set for tomorrow night?" I wondered. 

"He'll probably tell us to wait and put it on the next album," he snorted. 

"We could tell him that we were planning to put it on the next EP. Then we could just make acoustic versions or include live versions of certain songs on it," I suggested. 

"I suppose that could work," he said. "That's a good idea. But before we do that, we need to show Cal and Mikey." 

"Okay, but I'm going to let you wake them up," I told him, putting my hands up. He rolled his eyes.