Chapter 21: Too Much

London, United Kingdom | 1 Week Later

"Ash, if you don't want to, you don't have to," Luke said, grabbing a water from the mini fridge. 

"God dammit, Luke, I said it was fine," I said, a little more angrier than I originally intended. 

Ever since I attempted suicide, Luke has been clinging to me and acting as if I was made of a brittle glass. It was sickening, if I'm honest. It isn't only him either; Calum and Michael have been acting the same, just not as clingy. At first, it was nice that they were caring for me like they were. It was comforting. But now, I wanted to knock them along the side of the head to get them to back the fuck off. The constant coddling was really overbearing. 

As of now, Cal had asked if we wanted to play Just Dance 2015 with him and Michael, in which I did, but I was also tired. We all were. But here was Luke, trying to act like I might have a higher risk of dying if I do join.

"Are you sure?" he asked, quieter than before. 

"Yes," I hissed, pushing past him into the other two's room. 

The two of them were already standing in front of the telly, dancing to Dark Horse, which was obviously Calum's choice. Calum looked at me, a sympathetic smile automatically forming on his face. All three of them seem to smile at me through sympathy or some shit like that as well. If my depression wasn't going to be the cause of my suicide, the way these fools are acting surely will be. 

"Hey, Ash," Calum breathed. "After we're done, you can dance against Mikey, since he's winning." 

"Great," I snorted, walking to the bed behind them and plopping myself down. Gee, I wonder why I get to go before Luke. 

The song finished and Cal turned around, handing me the blue Wii remote. I took it, getting up and took my place next to Michael. He put down his cup of water after taking a very large drink.

"You can pick the song, if you want," he panted. So unlike the old Michael. 

"We can do Pharrell," I suggested as Michael sifted over to Happy. "Be prepared to be beaten, Clifford." 

I switched to my player card, which was a guy in a sombraro, and Luke walked in, quickly glancing at Michael and then sent me a small smile as he walked behind me and sat next to Calum on the bed. 

"You can dance the winner, okay?" Michael said to Luke, in which I guessed he nodded. Mikey looked over to me. "Ready?" 

"It's my middle name," I responded. 

The song started and the both of us started dancing. I hadn't done this particular song; I've only watched Luke and Calum do it. So far, I was beating Michael, but not by much. Behind me, I heard Luke cheering me on, a smile evident in his voice. I chose this song to hopefully relay the message to him that I was happy, even if I was quite the opposite, and that it was okay to lay off. I know he won't get the message, but it's worth a try, eh?

I ended up beating Michael by a small amount and I could tell that he let me win. That's why playing this game wasn't that fun to me anymore. Michael gulped down the last of his water and then handed off his Mario Brothers Wii remote to Luke. If everything was the way it was before I attempted taking my life, then I would be excited and have some temporary happiness that I was dancing with my boyfriend. But now, I wasn't because I knew that he was purposely going to lose and let me win. Whoever I was going to play in this room was going to let me win. 

"Do you want to pick?" Luke asked. 

"I picked last time. I'll let you," I told him, giving him a look before he asked me to second guess myself.