Chapter 3

Jennie's PoV

Walking into the class, we were greeted with loud chatters from other students and paper planes flying across mid-air but what caught my attention most was the same blonde girl, sitting at the far end of the lab with Lisa and a few other people who seem to be having a fun conversation since she was smiling amusedly.

"You're staring at her", Jisoo nudged my arm and smirked before pulling me towards the table two rows away from them and I shrieked.

"Why are we sitting here? You said we should stay clear from her", I questioned and looked at their group who haven't realised our presence yet before looking back at Jisoo who seemed relaxed and just sat down either way.

"Just sit down, it's okay", she chuckled and pulled me down on the stool beside her. I plopped down on the chair and see Jisoo eyeing the group behind us. Following her eyes, I turned around to look and see that Lisa was smiling at Jisoo and my eyes widened.

"No way", I whispered, grabbing her attention right away. "Why are you looking at her like that?"

'Wha-what? psht, no", she rolled her eyes and looked away.

"You are one horrible liar, Jisoo", I chuckled as she continues to ignore me. "Come on, you can tell me", I whined and wrapped my arm around hers. "please? I want to know", I asked again.

She just rolled her eyes before facing me, "There is nothing between me and Lisa", she chuckled and started fidgeting with her pen in her hand. "but we have been talking for a while", she admitted and I couldn't stop myself from smiling at the new information.

seeing how flustered Jisoo got about me asking about Lisa, it's starts to be clear to me the air between them is not just friendly thing.

the thought slip my mind when an old man who seemed to be our biology teacher walked in and started the day's lesson.

---

Without realizing the time, my last class ended once the school bell started ringing indicating it was finally time to go home. History class was rather boring, one because it's not my most favourite subject and the other reason is that Jisoo has history class with another teacher so it got pretty lonely. Remembering our little promise from lunch to meet her at her class, I jumped out of my seat and started putting my stuff away when I felt a presence beside me.

"Hey", a throaty voice spoke and I turned around to find a pair of blue eyes.

"Hi?", I smiled.

"I'm Nick, nice to meet you. Heard you're new here", he beamed a smile with pearly teeth, reaching out his hand to which I shook.

"Oh,I see. I'm Jennie Kim, you can just call me Jennie", I smiled and kept the last of my notebooks in my bag before swinging it over my shoulders.

"Yeah, I heard that", he chuckled.

"Really? I don't think I've met you before", I raised my brows and tried to recall if I've seen him in any of my classes.

  "No, we haven't met but my friend had the same English class as you" he replied and It made sense.

"Well that's nice, but I have somewhere to go now, talk to you next time we meet?", I smiled awkwardly, kinda feeling bad for cutting the conversation short.

"Yeah but uh, before that,", he looked away and brought his hand to rest on his neck "I think I like you", he confessed rather confidently for someone who just met another.

"But you don't even know me", I chuckled and raised my brows up.

"Well, that's the point. I want to get to know you", He spoke.

"You have a weird way of saying that, you know?", I smiled at the way he scrunches up his nose.

"My mom told me I'm born a charmer", he beamed "Right...", I chuckled silently at how innocent he looks.

"I uh, I should go home now...see you tomorrow?", he asks as I start to walk away slowly while nodding.

"I'm okay with that", I waved goodbye at him before turning around to find Jisoo once he's out of sight. I cannot lie and say that he isn't attractive...but I'd like to think I'm not looking to be in love right now. Knocking myself out of the little thought, I focused back on trying to track Jisoo's class down. Her class isn't supposed to be too far away from my class...right?

I turned into a right corner, hoping to see Jisoo by the door waiting for me, but what I didn't expect was that I would be falling on my bum after literally crashing into someone.

"Ow, dang it", the person hissed quietly. Quickly looking up to apologize, everything in my mind just went right out the door as soon as our eyes met. She rolled her eyes before sighing, "Are you stupid or stupid?", she hissed and stood up, grabbing her pen that fell to the side, staring down at me and it probably looks like a funny situation but I've never felt this awkward and the fact that my tailbone aches doesn't help either.

As though heaven opened their doors to save me from the stare down of Roseanne, "Jennie? What the heck are you doing on the floor", Jisoo asked and held a hand out to which I gladly took and pulled myself up, dusting any dust off from my skirt. "Sorry", I apologized while she just sighed. "Whatever", she replied quietly and walked past the both of us to Lisa who was standing at the other end of the hall watching everything unfold.

"What was that?", Jisoo asked and patted the back of my vest. "I just bumped into her", I rolled my eyes, ignoring her suspicious look because honestly, what is more to that besides me accidentally walking into her? 

"You good though?, you hit the ground pretty hard by the sound of it", she laughed "I'm fine, don't worry. Let's go, I'm kinda hungry" I brushed it off

"Right, I was thinking we eat chicken. Do you know eating chicken is good?", Jisoo rambled and I just chuckled. "I'm okay with chicken but do you know a good place to get the best chicken here?", I asked and saw the way her eyes lit up which took me by surprise because honestly, I have never met anyone interested in chicken like her but it sure is amusing. Before I knew it, I was being dragged out of our school and into the busy streets of Melbourne.

"Tell me what happened during the time your coolest new friend wasn't there", she wiggled her brows and I snorted, remembering my encounter with Nick.

"There was this guy, he came up to me after history class saying he likes me?", I raised my brows. "He said he wants to get to know me", I spoke while taking in the surrounding.

"Really? The first day and someone's already interested in you? Dang, Jennie, I can never", she joked and I just rolled my eyes as she jumped and pulled me into a fried chicken shop, squealing at the sight of it all.