Chapter 11

Jennie's PoV

"Jisoo-yah! Can you stop walking so fast oh my frick, I'm tired here", I whined and tried my best to keep up with her running like a goose is chasing her.

We are heading towards the field and It's been two days since I tragically happened to save Roseanne from getting drugged at her own party. That night, I left right after she announced the party is over and settled the fight happening in her living room.

I didn't enjoy anything about that night because not only did I have to face the weird blondie, but once I got in the car, Jisoo became an investigator and asked what the hell happened. Like I would know! But I did told her about the deal that lasted for a good 5 minutes.

Other than that, Nick and I have been texting each other back and forth whenever I'm not in my room watching fashion shows or doing my homework and when he's not in his training hours...which usually takes up the entire day but I'm not complaining. I'm not one to text frequently anyway, but I do enjoy the conversations shared with him.

Today is finally Friday and I've eventually come to figure out it's a track and field match, so it literally means Roseanne Park is a freaking runner. But, it would explain her long muscular legs...

What? Just because I'm not so fond of her attitude doesn't mean I wouldn't appreciate a pretty girl once I see one.

"Come on! I promised Lisa I'll be there 40 minutes before it's her turn", Jisoo slowed down only to pull me faster towards the door.

I glanced at my phone to read the time and sighed, "we have like an hour", I whined while pushing past everyone trying to get in through the door.

"Yeah, and Nick's 400m is in 25 minutes. Minus that with you running to the track to kiss him good luck and coming back to find me in the bleachers with thousands of others here", she ranted

"Who said I was kissing anybody?"

"Well, whatever you two do", she rolled her eyes as we walked down the stairs from the bleachers to the seats close to the tracks since Lisa managed to save some spot for Jisoo and sneaked me one too. There were the guy athletes from our school in baby blue attires and our rivals in white attires running and warming up on the track, from the side the cheerleaders were effortlessly flaunting their skills by doing their routine.

"Hey Dan!", Jisoo called out and he came jogging to her and smiled at me, "where's Nick?", she shouted since our voices are getting drowned out by the chants from our rivals.

He looked around carefully with us until he finds Nick's brown hair bouncing around while he warmed up by jogging around. "Hey Nick!", Dan called out, catching his attention.

The second he spotted me, he beamed his white smile and walked to me with his arms wide open and I didn't hide my smile either.

"Hey, you're here!", he cheered and engulfed me in a small hug

"Nah, I'm here to watch the others run", I teased, making him roll his eyes.

"Watch me, I'm running for you today", he winked

"Well, let's see if you win", I chuckled at his comment

"If I win can I take you out on a date?", he whispered in my ear so Jisoo doesn't hear and I felt my cheek burn.

"And if you lose?", I asked, making him ponder.

"If I lose then...well, to be frank, I won't lose", he wiggled his eyebrows. I teasingly rolled my eyes at him as the announcer announced that the 400m relay was about to start and he had to go. I sent him a flying kiss just for the heck of it and got my ass teased by Jisoo who's been proudly cringing at Nick and I.