Chapter 23

Jennie's PoV

"Urgh, lunch time", I whined and dragged my feet along with Jisoo who was happier than usual.

"Come on, it can't be that bad", Jisoo pouted and kissed me on the cheeks, "I need my support to sit in front of my crush".

"Yeah, yeah whatever", I chuckled and locked our arms again. "What do you think is on the menu today?", I heard my tummy grumble.

"Pizza and potato salad", Jisoo stated and I groaned. I kinda wanted noodles or kimchi fired rice, maybe my mom was right; I should've packed lunch from home.

We walked into the cafeteria and looked above the crowd to find the two girls who usually sits at the round table in the middle.

"There they are!", Jisoo pointed out and we made our way quickly. From here, I could see Roseanne sitting with her back to us and it somehow made my palms clammy.

"Jennie?", fuck, who is it now?

"Oh, Nick? Hey", He stopped me by grabbing on my wrist as we were walking by. He stood up from his chair and I noticed Jisoo had stopped to wait for me too.

"You can go ahead first, I'll be there", I reassured her with a smile and she hesitated before walking to Lisa.

I looked back at Nick and only then did I realised how packed his table is, of course the other track runners were there. It was even more awkward when most of them turn to look at our interaction.

"Sit with me today?" He asked and beamed his smile.

I mean I like Nick, but, why would I sit in a table full of jock boys?

"I've already told Jisoo I'll sit with her today...if that's okay?", I declined politely and saw the way his face fell.

I guessed he noticed that the one and only Roseanne Park was seated right there, staring right back at us.

Why the fuck is she looking here

"Why are you hanging out with her?", He asked quietly.

"I'm not hanging out with her, I'm sitting with Jisoo", I replied

"I told you to be careful around her, Jen", he held onto my wrist and grabbed the other too.

"I know, I am", I smiled to reassure him. He nodded unconvinced, before letting me go.

I walked over to where the three were sitting. Lisa and Jisoo were animatedly interacting while Roseanne was typing away in her phone.

"Hey", I greeted.

"Hey Jennie", Lisa winked as Jisoo patted on the chair beside her, which faced Roseanne. I looked at her and she's still engrossed in her phone. Maybe she wouldn't notice, right?

I sat down as soon as Jisoo and Lisa interacted again while I scanned the menu at the counter.

"So you and Nick", she started off and carefully placed her phone at the side to pick at her potato salad. "You guys are a thing?"

"No...we're just talking", I replied awkwardly. Just a second ago she was staring down at us and now she can't even look me in the eye?

Scaredy pants

"You shouldn't hang out with him", she muttered.

"Jeez, why is everyone telling me to not hang out with everyone?", I snapped

Jisoo and Lisa had stopped talking to look at us and I sighed.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to", I huffed.

I looked up to see Roseanne was now looking at me while she leaned on her palms.

"Jennie? You okay? We can go if you don't feel comfortable you know?", Jisoo whispered. She seemed worried and I felt bad. This was supposed to be about her and Lisa and have them finally fall in love and all that crappy shit but here I am huffing about a straight up weirdo.

"Hey what? No, we're staying, I'm fine", I smiled it off.

"You sure?", she asked and I nodded.

Eventually we settled down again and I went up to order my food. I'll have to deal with eating pizza for the second time this week. I waited in line and went to grab a pack of sauce once I got my pizza.

"I can't picture you and Nick together, you know?", she came out of nowhere.

"Roseanne! What the fuck", I whisper yelled when I almost dropped my pizza. "Who cares what you can picture, Roseanne. Your opinions literally doesn't matter to me"

"It doesn't?", she raised her right brow

Alright, someone explain how that looks good on her.

"Yes, I don't care what you think"

"He doesn't have good intentions, you know?"

"What do you know about him? We've been talking, he's completely fine and woah? He is much more bearable than you", I replied.

I walked back to our seat. I am starving, my pizza is getting cold, and Roseanne is being irritating. What a goal.

As soon as I sat down, so did she.

"I've warned you, Jen", she shrugged and ate her salad. I didn't reply.

It was suspicious: the way Nick is against Roseanne and how Roseanne doesn't like him either. Did something went down between the two? Were they a thing? What does she know that I don't know?

———-

"Happy now?", I asked as soon as lunch was over.

"Yeap, she's so beautiful", Jisoo gushed but frowned a second after. "You and Roseanne didn't get along though".

"We were there for you two, we didn't even had to talk for all I care", I admitted.

Jisoo sighed, "I swear, you two are literally dUmB".

"Yah!"

"What?", she rolled her eyes and we walked to our next class. "What did she say anyway that got you so annoyed about?".

"She told me that Nick didn't have good intentions", I scoffed. "I mean, that's ridiculous! He's been everything but mean or weird or suspicious, he even met my mom?", I reasoned out.

But it didn't go unnoticed how Jisoo grimaced slightly.

"Jisoo, what?", I asked.

"I did hear some things about him from years ago...but that was long ago", she replied.

"Were Roseanne and Nick like, a thing, back then?",

"Oh- God, no", she chuckled. "Those two hated each other since orientation week".

I wanted to ask more about that, but I decided that Jisoo may not be the person I can get that information from and as much as I love her as a friend, we can't just trust rumours.

Rumours messes with the head, and that can only lead to broken hearts, so we bid our goodbyes when we have to separate ways to our respective classes.

Okay, one more hour of school to go and another five before I become a study buddy.

I got this.