Chapter 28

*please read author's short note at the end of this chapter<3*

Jennie's PoV

"Jendeukie!", Jisoo called out as I was about to walk out the school gates.

"Yah! Were you going to leave me going home alone?", she smacked me in the arm

"No, you idiot!", I smacked her arm in return. "I was going to wait at the bench outside".

"Whatever! I'm hungry", she jumped up and down childishly. "Let's go eat, and then I'll have to come back to school and support Lisa in her training", she smiled.

"Oh? Really? You're willing to come back to support Lisa?", I asked as we walked, arms intertwined to some random food stall a couple blocks away.

"Well duh"

"Love really does make you do sick things", I grimaced playfully, earning myself a pinch. "When are you guys going to make it official? It's boring seeing you guys trying your hardest to be subtle about it", I rolled my eyes.

"I don't think you guys are even trying anymore though. The love is evident in the air", I snorted.

"I'm not sure either. I guess we're taking things steady for now", Jisoo pouted slightly. "But she's really the greatest human being ever, it's like I can beat her up and also love her unconditionally. Literally a two in one", she chuckled and I smiled at how she seemed to admire the taller girl.

"Ugh, you're right. Attraction makes me say dumb stuff like this", she rolled her eyes and I just had to laugh.

"I said love though"

"Love is too much of a strong word right now, jen",

"Yeah yeahhh", I chuckled.

We reached the tiny cozy shop that sells the best ramen you can find here in Australia, and it really did bring justice to my taste buds. Gah, I miss home.

"You know, I was thinking the other day", Jisoo interrupted my moment of missing Korea as she slurped on her soup. "I'm going to ask her to be mine...at least if she doesn't do it first".

"What, no way", I gasped. "Oh my god, how...when are you gonna ask her?", I freaked excitedly as she beamed.

"I'm not sure either. Maybe this weekend?", She replied and I had to refrain myself from jumping through the roof. Finally, they are sailing off.

Our conversation went on with us gushing over the idea of how Jisoo plans to ask Lisa to be her official girlfriend. I felt the genuine smile radiating from her and it hit me how it feels to be loved again. The last time I had someone special was probably four years back. That itself didn't last long.

"What's on your mind duekie?", she tapped on my bowl with her chopsticks.

"It's nothing", I waved the thought away. We sat down in silence to enjoy our meal for the next couple of minutes while a thought lingered heavy on my mind.

"I have a question", I finally voiced out after a couple of minutes. I didn't know how I was going to ask this, but I felt the need to bite the bullet.

"Hm? What is it?", she paid her full attention, almost like she knew I was curious about something.

"What made you want Lisa to be yours?", I questioned. "I mean I don't have anything against it, like I really am happy for you...I just want to know how it feels like, to you know", I left my sentence mid air.

Jisoo raised her brows encouragingly.

"To want another girl. As a girl", I finished my sentence. "How did you found out you liked girls?", I added.

Jisoo's jaw dropped slightly, clearly taken back by my sudden question of her sexuality. Coming to realise about it, we've never had this conversation before, and I was starting to worry if I said something wrong...

"Well", she chuckled. "It started when I found myself comically admiring one of the girls in middle school. I was 13, and all the girls were either crushing on one of the boys in class, or of course, the captain of the soccer team", she recalled and I chuckled.

Of course the captain is always crushed on.

"But I was the outcast", Jisoo shrugged as she leaned her chin on her palm. "While everyone else was eyeing the boys, I remembered I had my eyes on this other outcast of a girl. Her name was London, if I'm not mistaken", she smiled.

"I knew something was different when I would feel the so called "butterflies" towards London when the girls I knew always related those feelings to a guy".

I looked back into my past and remembered feeling the butterflies when I was 10, but not much recently.

"Then we graduated and I told London about it. She didn't knew what to do either since it was new to the both of us, so we left a pure and whole hearted goodbye".

"Do you still keep in contact with her?", I asked and she shook her head no.

"I heard she's somewhere in the U.S.A's now", Jisoo thought for a second. "Then Lisa came in the picture last year at a friendly match".

I smiled at the thought of the two meeting, somehow wishing I was there to witness it too.

"And then what happened?", I asked after she sipped on her drink.

"Lisa helped me open a whole new door", she exaggerated. "I lived in denial of my sexuality until I was 15 and ever since I met her at 17, she held me together until I fell for her faster than lightning"

"I think what made me realise I'm attracted to her, was Lisa herself", she smiled. "But what I came to realise is, that loving someone is about what makes me whole, as a person. Not just for who I love or is attracted to, but what makes me content. It makes me, me", Jisoo ended her explanation.

To say I was blown away by her story and explanation would be an understatement. At first glance, when I think of butterflies and everything nice, Nick would most likely appear in my mind.

Though this time, I pictured the possibility of a certain blonde.

The possibility of attraction?

Maybe?

———-

HELLOOO!

Can we imagine I didn't say Jennie changed schools in her last two years of high school and instead her last year of high school?

Which means they are all 18 in this book, okie?

Thank you for readingg, keep commenting and voting <3 ilysm.