Chapter 18

Jennie's PoV

Walking down the school halls rapidly, I held my bag strap tightly in my hands and headed towards my locker. I'm late, I woke up late because I slept late and now I-

Oh god I'm late.

Quickly decoding the lock to my locker, I shoved my entire bag inside, only grabbing the English textbook, a notebook and a pen. I slammed the locker shut and turned around, feeling as though my soul jump out of my body when her shadow hid half her appearance in the corner behind me.

"Oh my fucking god", I held onto my chest, feeling agitated at the way she's caught me during this time.

"You're late", she crossed her arms in front of her and it's something about the way she looks at me that have me bewildered. That face, the one stuck on my mind last night when I tried to fall asleep but ended up with not even a wink.

"I know", I huffed in defeat. I looked at her tag which should explain the suit she wears over her vest,

"E.G.H Head Prefect"

Of-fucking-course she'd be the head prefect too.

"Why?", she asked

"It's nothing. I need to get to class now", I brushed it off and turned around to rush to class but she cleared her throat and clicked on her pen.

"You're late, Jennie Kim. There are consequences around here", she held her head up high. There she is,the Roseanne we all know.

"Then what are the consequences of arriving to school late, head prefect Roseanne Park?", I took brave steps towards her, yet she didn't show any sign of stepping down from her responsibilities.

"Detention", she looked me dead in the eyes and scribbled something down in her notebook. She tugged on the paper till it's torn and took a step forward, her presence only an inch away from mine as her intoxicating scent hazed my mind. I felt her fingers, slickly sliding the piece of paper down the front pocket of my skirt, replaying the way Nick did the same at her party while she watched.

"Have fun after school, and try not to be late again, hm?"  she looked down on me and smiled a smile I would've love to smack the hell out of, but the way she's so close, probably too close, I gulped and pushed her slightly by the shoulder to put some space in between us.

I didn't say anything, not knowing what to do. The way her eyes observed mine, those lips...Why? What about them?

She probably took this as a sign since she slid her pen back in her coat, turned around on her heels and left me in a daze.

"First period is over, go to the office to get your slip and apologise to your teacher", she spoke before turning to another hallway away from my sight for good.

RING....

That was when the students started pouring in the hall, and I, I realised that I might've fucked my own emotions.

————-

"You're telling me you overslept because you were doing your English homework?", Jisoo raised her brows at me and bit into her burger.

"Yes, Jisoo, I did. Only to miss English class too", I huffed and stared at the stack of french fries on my plate. "And to make it worse, I got detention", I whined and at that reminder, my appetite to eat went right out the window.

"In conclusion, don't do your homework", Jisoo chuckled. "It can't be that bad...should I do something dumb and get detention to be with you?", she sprung up from her seat suddenly and it took me by surprise.

"What? No, you don't, shut up", I pulled her back down into her seat, seeing her amused face. "I can handle an hour after school by myself"

"That's annoying", she snickered. "I wanted to eat chicken today after school, this is all Roseanne's fault",

Chuckling at her, I leaned on my palm and unconsciously listened to whatever Jisoo had to say about her morning. It's currently lunch break, which means there are only a few more hours till school ends and I'll have to sit with a boring P.E teacher in a room for my detention.

I'm planning on using the extra one hour to complete my homework so I don't have to worry about it once I'm home. Maybe then, I'll finally get a good night's sleep.

Nick is absent today since apparently the track team have another friendly match at some other school in the city, which concludes to my phone blowing up every 20 minutes when he's done running.

And of course when I say the track team, that means Lisa and Roseanne had went off as well, hence the whining pouty Jisoo I have to deal with today. She's usually not this clingy but, I quote her words; "I'm on my period so shut up and let me whine about my yet to be girlfriend"

Besides that, I also had to deal with my mind exploring the dumb thoughts of Roseanne. It's dumb really, but when I don't see her, I want to. Is it weird? Just last night I thought I was dreading over coming to school but now this? Like, what is it? All she's done is either stare for too long, glare or huff around me like I'm some piece of paper she's trying to burn with her eyes, like, it doesn't add up.

"Jen!, wake up", Jisoo flicked my ear and grabbed me out of my thoughts. "Eat your fries, they're turning cold",

"I'm not hungry anymore", I slumped into my chair.

"Hm? Why not?", she looked at me and pouted again for the nth time today.

"I just...I don't know, I'm fine though", I tried to reassure her cause I can't just tell her what my brain is screaming about, right?

"Yah, shut up. You zoned out for like a good 7 minute, that's saying alot", She rolled her eyes. "Are you missing Nick already?"

"What? No, I mean, yes. Well, kinda but-"

"Okay what's up? If it's not food, detention and Nick then what is it?", she put down her burger and looked at me.

"Well..."

"Mhm?"

"I was thinking about...you know", I faked a cough and looked away because God, even the thought of saying it sounds odd. Well, it shouldn't sound weird but to me and my running mind, you know? It does...I guess.

"Thinking about?", she asked again and I huffed. She's not letting this go isn't she?

"I was thinking about Roseanne, okay?", I replied and took her by surprise.

"Roseanne? What about her?", she asked

"I don't know, just kind of came up I guess", I shrugged and as if the Gods above heard me, the bell rang and I got up faster than ever to leave for my next class.

I can't have Jisoo questioning me about Roseanne anymore. Sounds like a thriller movie itself.