Chapter 45

You
Mac Ayres
1:01 ━───────── -2:27,

————
Jennie's PoV

"There was no logical explanation whatsoever!", Jisoo exaggerated as her arms swung in different directions. "Made close to zero senses on why the scientific name for a penguin is so hard".

Because of course, it wouldn't be her if she didn't have some random knowledge on non-school related stuff.

"What is it anyway? You've been complaining for the past five minutes and you haven't even told me what is it", I smacked her arm slightly as she rolled her eyes.

"Look me in the face and tell me I know how to pronounce it, I've been complaining about the complicated name this entire time for a reason", she bit back and I had to laugh. One, because it is true and two, because it's ridiculously hilarious.

After escaping from the auditorium with Rosie, I've been managing my morning well; at least from keeping the secret. The rest of everything else is feeling a little weird.

Everyone seemed to be looking at me in a way, and I didn't quite understand why. It couldn't be my uniform, because as clumsy as I can be sometimes, Rosie would've called the hell out of it if something was wrong in the first place.

And it isn't the usual look they give when it's just a simple acknowledgment of my existence, something else was there.

And Nick wasn't here.

Jisoo had also noticed this, hence the reason why she dragged me all the way towards the field just to quote on quote, "hang out like the cool kids".

Which obviously we're not.

From here, our fits of chuckles died down when the door burst open. That was when I thought it was a teacher and we are this close to getting screwed; except that it was the missing person I've been searching for since the morning.

"Baby? Hey, I was finding for you this morning", I stood up and met him halfway as I ignored the huff Jisoo let out when I left her at the bleachers.

"Jennie, come with me", his shoulders were broad and he looked stiff.

"Where to?"

"I don't really care, where, Jennie", he spit my name out with some kind of venom and it shattered my heart, what does that even mean? What venom? Why?

"What do you mean by that?", I pursed my lips when his brows clenched together as he huffs again and again. "Wait are you mad at me?", I took a step back and observed his body. His fists were clenched at his side and he only looked down to the ground.

"I told you, I didn't want you around Roseanne!", his voice bounced through the air unannounced around us, loud and clear.

"Hey!", Jisoo stood up in defence

"What? Baby, you never told me that", I tried chuckling, maybe he misunderstood right? Like I said, the topic of Rosie was never brought up as far as I know, since we got together.

"I've told you plenty of times before we got together, DO NOT, get close to her", he shook his head in dissatisfaction and I was taken by disbelief. "You told me you were going home last night", his eyes blinked a couple times. "You lied to me"

"What...I didn't lied", I lied. I lied once again.

"Then what the hell was that news? Clearly that was you", he snapped.

I looked at him, as I felt puzzled. News? There's news?

"Wh-, okay so you're going to act like you don't know about it?", he inquired before I even said anything.