Chapter 27

Jennie's PoV

The morning spent with Roseanne at the field ended with yet again another silent goodbye once the bell rang.

She walked out the side door of the field while I walked out the main. No one didn't have to know we spent the early mornings together, though it was bitter, and thinking about that makes me sigh.

I thought we were getting along.

"Good morning beautiful", he tugged on my wrist as soon as I walked out the door alone.

I turned around to see the beaming dimpled smile of Nick; the prince charming.

"Hey, good morning", I returned his smile and leaned in his one-armed hug. He smelled of expensive cologne as he usually do.

"What were you doing in the field?", he looked down to me as he pulled away from the hug.

"Just admiring the sunrise", I replied half truthfully. It wasn't completely a lie, right? I just left out that Roseanne Park was there, sitting a chair away from me.

"You're such a cliche, you know?", he ruffles my hair as he chuckled. "What are your classes for today?",

"Music, science, english and maths before lunch time", I memorised. "What about you?",

He scratched the back of his neck while looking down at his shoes. "I'm only here for the attendance...we have track training the entire day since there is another friendly match on Sunday", he spoke proudly.

"Didn't you say your injury wasn't fully healed yet?", I recalled his text.

"Ah well, It's getting better now. Held an ice pack on it last night", he flexed his muscles making me roll my eyes.

"Well, don't hurt yourself again. I don't want to hear you whining", I chuckled as he smiled.

Have I ever told anyone I liked his smile?

"I'll do my best for you", he nodded. I didn't expect his next motive would be so bold until he leaned down and kissed me on my cheek gently.

I was so sure I was blushing hard. How could he do that? In front of everyone too! Great now everyone is looking at me.

"See me at lunch?", he whispered in my ear and I just nodded. God. He didn't have to be so close. I watched as he walked away and decided I'll go to the music theatre for my first class of the day.

And where is Jisoo?

In a way, I was glad I didn't find Roseanne when I turned around and glanced around the hall. Today felt eerie, even in the school halls filled with people. I might just be insane.

Something strange happened here. Something shifted, but I don't know what it is.

———-

I walked into the theatre and saw that most students are already in their seats, yet Jisoo is nowhere to be found. I sent her a text before settling down on the third row of seats as our teacher walked in.

But to my surprise, Miss Luna entered instead of our usual 70 year old teacher.

"Hello, please settle down everyone", she started off, placing the bunch of papers onto the edge of the stage.

"Your music teacher is taking the week off since he's not in his best shape, so I'll fill in his time yeah?", she smiled. That was one thing I liked of Miss Luna: always positive and bright.

"He did, in fact left you some homework to do though", she gestured towards the pile of papers on the stage and I heard the boys groan.

"From what I see, It's going to be a little quiz about classical musical instruments, so I'll pass it around", she picked it up and handed the girls at the front row who passed the stack along everyone.