Chapter 35

Author's Note : Pretend I had explained that this is the final round/day of the friendly match, in other words, if they win this round, they get the gold medal! Thankies <3
***********

Roseanne's PoV

"Runners! 5 more minutes and we need to be out to greet our opponent team!"

A girl with specs came in the fitting room with a damn speaker. It's like whoever told her to do that is trying to kill us.

Right, five more minutes and I'll see the faces of the one and only runners from the IGS High. My nerves are getting to me, I cannot lie. Currently I'm bouncing on my knees while I waited for Lisa to come out of one of the stalls with her running attire. I've already got mine on since I wasn't busy getting smooched on unlike her.

Chuckling at the thought, the devil itself walked out the stalls finally.

"Tell me I look amazing or what", she flexed her arms and ass out pretending to be the next fitness model or something.

"Amazing", I rolled my eyes and faked a gag, earning myself a pinch.

"Let's go, we need to go now guys", I called out to all the remaining girls in the dressing room, making sure no one is left behind before walking out with Lisa, being applauded by the crowd outside that had been waiting.

The bleachers on the left sat the supporters who came and support from the IGS school, meanwhile our roaring crowd from Ever Green High sat on the right.

"Let's get this", Lisa shook in excitement,making me shake my head.

As the runners from today's so called 'enemy school' lined up, so did we. I, as the captain myself stood in front of the one and only, Yuna. Last season's top 10 fastest runners.

"Glad we meet again, Park", she smiled as we shook hands.

"Pleasure to have you here in our humble school", I smiled in return, making sure to seem civil.

"Same category this year?", she asked and I just nodded.

"See you in 400, Yuna", letting go of her strong grip on my hand, she winked one last time before turning around and greet the crowd behind her.

"EVER GREEN, FOREVER YOUNG! YOUTHFUL GREEN, FOREVER STRONG!", the crowd behind me cheered on, drummers going crazy. It's always like this, fucking insane when it's just a friendly match at the end of the day.

Chuckling and waving to the crowd, I searched for a certain brunette amongst the crowd, wondering if she's here. She should be, considering her boyfriend stood his ground a couple runners away from me.

Eventually, I find her waving her hands around and shouting at the top of her lungs along to the cheer. She seemed so tiny from below here, but it was clear who she was cheering today.

Seeing her cheer on towards Nick and his team, I turned to observe Nick who was waving just as enthusiastically.

Did he really changed?

"OH BOY! ANOTHER FRIENDLY MATCH HELD AT EVER GREEN HIGH TODAY! WELCOME IGS HIGH"

The announcers started doing their jobs, blowing up the speakers with their shouts of the category schedule and timing.

It was our time to get back to the dressing room and drink water or get ready or whatever it is we are allowed to do.

"Baby!", someone called out from the side of the track.

I thought it was for one of my teammate's boyfriend but when Lisa looked at me and turned my shoulders around, I craned my neck to find Hyun standing at the sidelines with the biggest smile plastered on his face.