Chapter 32

Jennie's PoV

12.55 pm

Almost there.

Almost time till I can rush to the locker to meet Nick, though currently I am struggling with this maths question about finding some freaking X equation.

"Does anyone have any questions before we proceed to the next question?", our maths teacher asked and I continued tapping the pen on my book.

"No, ma'am", Roseanne replied.

Of course Roseanne is in this class too right? She's everywhere recently, in the newspaper, on my phone, laptop news screen, the damn tv in my living room and so of course, the universe only decided that it would make sense if out of the blue, halfway through school hours, she reappears from disappearing with Dong Hyun in the same maths class with me.

Ridiculous.

"If not then I'm guessing we all understood and is able to understand this question", the teacher fixed her glasses and looked around the room.

What is she doing?

"Can we have Jennie come up and show us how you got your answer?", she smiled while holding out a whiteboard marker towards me.

Fuck...I wasn't really done. If I knew she would call someone up, I would've thought faster.

"I...sure", I cleared my throat and got up from my chair, feeling the tensed anticipation from my classmates to see my work. Alright, let's play this cool, all I have to do is just solve the problem unprepared.

Which let's be honest, is hard and dumb.

I took the marker from her hand and walked up to the board. With a silent sigh, I glanced through the numbers written across my notebook and did my best to confidently re-write said numbers onto the board.

It was when I reached the end of my answer did I paused and took a step back to check my own answer out. It was fair to say that I quite frankly threw in the numbers, connecting the dots with what I had already done minutes prior.

"Alright,well done dear", she smiled and I placed the marker on her table. I felt a little proud since I just wing-ed the question. I was about to walk back to my seat when the one and only cleared her throat, her slender arm raising up in protest

"That's not correct", she stood up to observe, bringing along her leather covered writing book.

She walked towards my way, eyes connecting with one another,  those plain and boring emotions swirling around behind those dark brown orbs.

"You've got it wrong", she stated whilst being three steps away. As she grabbed the marker where I last left it, I stepped aside for her to correct my work; which is annoying.

I definitely thought I answered correctly.

Seeing her replace a few numbers in the equation I had written out, I observed as it made more sense than I had done. Though I can still be proud for providing the first and second step correctly.

"You forgot to turn this over, so that the remaining number wouldn't be left negative", she took a step back, reading through her book and cleared her throat before glancing at me once more.

I hate that she can make me feel like a complete loser.

I hate that in all valid emotion of annoyance, I took in the way her baby hair flew with the light wind, her hair was tied back in a low ponytail and she had close to no makeup, yet she looked...good.

"Great job, Roseanne! I wouldn't have noticed that", our teacher who had been observing from the back of the class clapped her hands, successfully pulling me out of my trance.