Chapter 20

Roseanne's PoV

"Okay what? J-jennie Kim? The new girl from Korea?", I questioned again. I cannot believe it, I, this doesn't makes sense.

"How is she better than me? What did I lacked?", I asked Miss Luna. It can't be, I've always been good in my essays.

"It's not what you lack, Roseanne. You are still our top students. It's more about your time, it's track season, your uncle thought you might need to take some time in studying too", she replied,

Of course, It's always my uncle.

"Jennie is very good, you know? You need the time to come down from your athletic high, it's your senior years, this is important", she reasoned out and I only want to shrink further in my seat.

"Can't it be someone else?", I asked

"Is there a problem with Jennie Kim?", Miss Luna raised her brow in confusion.

I didn't reply. I don't know how to answer that either, I just...wouldn't it be awkward? I spent almost half of last week being mean to her because of my mood swings and now this? Oh God, I can't.

"I see, you'll be fine Roseanne. Plus, I think Jennie needs some friends around here, don't you think?", she smiled and I could only sigh.

"Yeah, fine", I gave in and stood up. "When is this study time thingy happening?", I asked.

"Oh, that you'll have to settle between you two", She replied and I huffed.

"Does she even knows about this?"

"She agreed about a minute ago",

Oh?

"What? Why would she do that?", I scrunched up my brows in confusion.

Miss Luna just shrugged but I know deep down she's wearing that english teacher smug which annoys you but very much warm and funny. It doesn't makes sense. Either way,

"I'll just get her number from the office", I murmured and walked to the door. "I'll get going now", I bid goodbye before walking out and met my bodyguard.

I can't believe it, a study partner? My uncle gave me a freaking STUDY PARTNER? Like there isn't enough shit on my plate.

"Your manager is in the car waiting for you, Lady Roseanne", Freddie, my personal bodyguard broke the silence and at the mention of my manager, I knew I wanted the floor to swallow me up.

This must be something with Hyun and his manager, what the hell do they want this time? Fred pushed open the doors to the black SUV and there she sat.

"Miss Choi, what is it about now?", I sighed and placed my bag at the back seat before climbing in.

"Hyun", she flipped through her notebook and I had to use everything in me to not roll my eyes. "You and Hyun would need another date", she spoke

"What? Already? I just kissed him last week?", Oh this could only get better.

"The public isn't believing the rumours just because you two kissed. Some are saying there isn't even a picture of you two outside of school", she explained and I wanted to do nothing but scream.

"I-what? That doesn't even makes sense??", I whined. "Does his manager not realise I still have four months of the contract with Hyun?", I asked because let's be honest here. I don't like this Hyun dude, and If we start doing so much at the beginning of this publicity stunt, of course everyone is going to want more, which means more dates, outings, holidays, photoshoots, interviews with this guy. I just want to live a normal life.

"We signed the contract to cooperate. It's for his public image too, if it's not for ours", Miss Choi smiled.

I wanted to cry. I don't like Hyun.

"Where is dad?", I asked

"He's filming until tomorrow night. But I heard your mom would be home next week", Miss Choi tried to cheer me up but it only made me even more upset.

I should get used to this, but why is it every time I get some crap to deal with, the house is always empty?

I walked out the car the second we stopped in front of this stupid mansion. Stupid Park mansion.

I walked to my room with a heavy chest from today. I didn't performed my best in the friendly match today, I have a fucking study partner with a girl I gave a bad impression on and now I have to plan out a dumb date with an entire JERK.

And no one is home.

I am all alone.

I slumped into my duvet and allowed the tears to fall, finally. I should get used to this. I don't know why I always try to deny that my life is miserable and lonely.

I should get used to this. So like usual, I called Lisa for company.