Chapter 8

Jennie's PoV

Unlocking the door to my house using the key I bring with me to school, I walked in and took out my coat, putting my bag down on the couch and walked to the kitchen.

"Hey mom", I greeted.

"Oh! Jennie, you're home!", my mom smiled and poured the fried rice into a lunch box. "I'm jut done cooking some fried rice, do you want some?", she asked as I took a seat on the dining table, pulling out my phone.

"Yes please", I replied and thanked her when she placed a plate in front of me.

"How was school, dear? How is Jisoo?", she asked and I took a bite of the delicious dish.

"School was okay. Mom, Jisoo invited me to a party later, can I go?", I asked hopefully, silently wishing she wouldn't deny.

"A party?", she raised her eyebrows.

"Yeah! It'd be great to make new friends and stuff. it's not a big party and there isn't alcohol since it's an athlete's party, can I mom? can I please", I asked and did my best puppy eyes.

"athlete party? You can't even run to safe your life", my mom teased and I gasped in offense.

"Excuse me, I can run, I just choose not to", I defended myself as my mother just laughed it off.

"Send me the location once you are there, and don't do anything I wouldn't do", she warned and I scrunched up my nose.

"Don't worry, I won't", I nodded but on the inside, I was squealing in joy. It's been a while since I've attended a party ever since I moved here and had no friends. I quickly typed a text to Jisoo saying I've got a free pass and we both celebrated before I rushed to my room to find an outfit. Based on Jisoo's description of the party, it would be crowded by jocks and athletes, but it wouldn't be so overwhelming.

I looked through my items of clothing and some of them are either too extra or a little underwhelming. Since my mom likes fashion, she would style me up ever since I was young, so growing up I've gotten advice and pieces of clothing from her as presents. I went a little deeper into my closet and found a white t-shirt that I never wore yet. Next, I went to grab a pair of white sweatpants to match with my top.

I stood in front of the mirror to try on the outfit, only to find out I look like I've been sleep deprived and spent the rest of my day doing homework...which was partly true but we won't admit that. Deciding to switch it up, I remembered seeing a fashion tip, so I grabbed the hems of my t-shirt and tied it into a knot, flipping it inside so it was hidden and boom, much better.

It wasn't over the top but it flaunted my abs well enough to grab some attention. Especially since Nick is going to be there and the only outfit he's seen me in is the school uniform, so it wouldn't hurt to try.

I looked at the clock which stated 4.45 pm and sighed. I still have plenty of time to spare so I spent the next few minutes bickering with jisoo to waste time until eventually, she had to go get ready and within the next few minutes, she's knocking on my door impatiently.

"Yah! Stop knocking I'm here", I shout and grabbed the keys, making sure every window and door in the house is locked and secured because my mom left about an hour ago for work.

"HURRY, we're gonna be late", she whined and I stunned her by swinging the door open.when she saw my outfit, her jaw dropped, "Who are you trying to impress and why am I jealous it's not me", she asked while checking me out.

"Just wearing this for myself now let's go", I rolled my eyes and walked to her car after locking the door.

————
"Dude this is huge", I gasped and looked through the window of Jisoo's car. I knew we were about to attend an athlete's party but I wasn't expecting to arrive at a whole ass mansion.

"Welcome to the home of Roseanne Park", Jisoo spoke and I froze. Unbuckling my seatbelt, I turned swiftly to meet her eyes who remained focused on finding a parking slot.

"You weren't planning on telling me about that earlier?", I asked

"If I did then I know you wouldn't come here with me", she pouted and parked behind someone's Lamborghini.

"Obviously! She doesn't seem to like me", I sighed and looked back out the window, seeing a few other people walking into the fancy entrance. "We should go home, she didn't invite me, it will just be rude".

"Oh my god, Jennie. Loosen up, I've got connections in there, she wouldn't mind", Jisoo spoke and calmed my racing heart by squeezing my shoulders. "Let's go, everything is fine"

Hesitantly, I gave in and unlocked the door to walk out and stand beside Jisoo in front of the mansion. From where we were standing, the music couldn't be heard but the lights spoke for itself and I felt my hands getting clammy.

"Roseanne doesn't know you yet, but I'm sure you two will get along well once you do", Jisoo comforted and tugged me along with her to the main door.

One step into the door and what I was looking at shocked me just enough to widen my eyes at the view. From the living room with a large tv hung on the wall, there were couples making out on the couch and the rest were having what seems to be either civil talks or dirty whispers. The music blared louder in here and I'm starting to think the walls are soundproof since it wasn't this loud from outside.

"Jisoo!", someone called out, causing Jisoo to let go of my hand and wrapped her arms around a petite tall body. Not knowing anyone else, I just stood awkwardly as whatever is happening between the two...well, happen.

Once they pulled out of their hug, I was finally able to recognise her face and to be honest, I didn't know why I didn't suspect it to be her in the first place.

"Jennie Kim, right?", she looked at me and smiled warmly. She leaned in and gave me a small hug with her long arms. "I'm Lalisa, call me Lisa", she shouted over the music and I nodded.

"Yeah, I've seen you sometimes", I shouted back to her and smiled.

"Well, I'm glad you're here since I wasn't able to introduce myself", she chuckled and wrapped her arm around Jisoo's shoulder who just rolled her eyes and looked away from embarrassment. "Roseanne's somewhere in the back porch if you want to see her", she winked and I raised my brows in confusion. "Can I borrow Jisoo for awhile?", she asked and Jisoo was about to protest but I cut her off saying it's fine and to just call me in case she needed me.

Jisoo gave me a hug and told me to enjoy myself to which I just nodded. I don't know anyone here and my anxiety wouldn't help either...why did I let Lisa steal my only friend? I'll never know why, but this,

This is gonna be one though night.