Chapter 1

A/N: this story isn't going to exactly follow the movie and won't be word for word correct. I want to put my own spin on it but keep it rlly similar. I'm gonna try to make it modern but still fit the times. Hope you like it. This is my first story btw so be nice. Enjoy or don't.

"Daddy!" I yelled as I looked out the window. I noticed a new family pull into the apartment complex. A mother and her son, who didn't look too thrilled to be here. I don't blame him though, I was miserable when we first moved here. I kept looking at him and wanted to go down and talk to him. "He's kinda cute" I thought to myself.

"Dad!"

"What y/n, what's wrong?!" He said coming into my room concerned

"We finally have new neighbors who don't seem crazy." I said. Most of the people who lived here were either crazy or old. Besides Freddie of course.

"Oh. That's it. You scared me, I thought something bad happened." He said. He started looking out of the window too to see the boy and his mom. "Go introduce yourself. He looks like he might be around your age."

"Umm I don't know I—"

"No no no, cmon y/n. We've been here for a week now and you still haven't made any friends or explored the town." He said cutting me off.

"Fine, I'll go."

I go get my shoes on and go down to the family.

"Hi" I said, trying not to startle him while he was trying to get his boxes out of the car.

"Oh hey" he said. He seemed really annoyed, which is understandable, I was really irritated when I moved here. I looked in his eyes, they are so pretty, I thought to myself. We made eye contact and neither of us broke until I thought I should introduce myself. You can't make googly eyes at someone who's name you don't even know. Snap out of it y/n.

"I'm y/n, y/n l/n. I'm your neighbor."

"Nice to meet you. I'm Daniel Larusso." He said smiling, now you can make googly eyes, he extending his hand for me to shake. I shook his hand back with a smile. Then I realized he was still carrying really heavy boxes.

" Do you need help?"

"Oh no it's fine, I got it."

"No really I insist"

"No I—"

"Daniel let me be neighborly" I cut him off jokingly.

"Alright yeah sure help me. Thanks y/n."he said handing me the three boxes he was holding. "Be careful they're really heavy"

"Trust me I can handle it." I told him. He gave me the boxes and he grappled more for himself to carry.

"How long have you lived here."

"About a week." I laughed

"Oh so you're still kinda new."

"Yup." As we were walking I saw him glancing at the pool. It's quite the letdown. "It's not as great as they made it out to be huh?" I asked. He nodded

"So Daniel where are you from?"

"New Jersey"

"Really?! Me too. Montclair. You?"

"Newark." he told me. I could see he started loosening up and getting more comfortable with me. "Watch this." he said, kicking the gate. We heard a loud grunt from the other side. I hurried and looked to see who it was.

"Sorry Freddie" I said

"Yeah man Im really sorry" Daniel said

"Geez Daniel, you've been here all five minutes and you're already causing injuries." I joked

"I'm fine. No big deal." Freddie told us. "Oh y/n, there's an end of summer beach party tomorrow. You and Mr. Karate should come." He said, referring to Daniel.

"Umm sure I guess. Daniel?" I said looking a Daniel

"Yeah I'll go. Maybe it'd be fun and I'd get to meet people before school." Daniel said.

"Ok we'll be there. But these boxes are actually starting to get heavy so we need to go." I Said struggling to hold the boxes.

"Oh right sorry guys. I'll see you guys tomorrow and y'all can ride with me." Freddie said

We finally get to Daniel's apartment and put the boxes down. We kept talking for a while till his mom came back in with the rest of the boxes.

"Don't say anything about the pool, I'll call them tomorrow." He mom said while entering the apartment "oh who's this?" She said referring to me.

"Ma, this y/n, she's our neighbor." He introduced me

"Hi Ms. Larusso, nice to meet you!" I said shaking her hand

"You can call me Lucille." She said smiling

"Ma, me and y/n got invited to a party tomorrow. Am I allowed to go" he asked

"Of course! Go have fun!" She replied quickly

"I thought I had to help unpack." He told her

"I don't remember saying that at all. But if I did then I take it back, go have fun being a teen, enjoy the city." His mom said. He nodded in response.

"Well I should get going, I don't want my dad to worry. Bye Ms. Larusso, see you at the party tomorrow Daniel."

"Bye y/n"

As I left, I shut the door behind me. I started walking into my room, when I heard Ms. Larusso say "She's cute. You gonna ask her out?" I started giggling quietly "Ma! Stop!" Daniel said. "I just met her." He continued. "I just met her too and even I can tell that she's gorgeous." Ms. Larusso said.

"THANKS MS. LARUSSO" I yelled "BY THE WAY WE HAVE THIN WALLS" I informed them.

"Oh my god" I heard Daniel say.

I went into the living room to talk to my dad about the party. I tell my dad everything, he's the only person I have. My mom died when I was 12. This year my dad got offered to be a manager at a new job out here so we had to move. Me and my dad have a really close bond.

"Dad I got invited to a beach party tomorrow. Can I go?"

"Aw you gonna leave me here to be bored?" He joked "Yes you can go. Just be careful and stay safe."

"Thanks daddy."

"No problem. Soo..."

"....so what?" I asked

"It seems the new boy has a little crush on my little girl" he said

"You heard that" I giggled

"I was only in the bathroom. Of course I heard it." He told me "do you like him y/n? I mean I don't mind or anything if you're trying to go out with him. As long as he doesn't hurt my little girl or else I'll kick his ass." He informed me

"Don't worry dad if anything happens I'll kick his ass"

"Woah!!!"

"What! What! What's wrong!??"

"Language"

"Whatever" I rolled my eyes jokingly. "Dad, for real though, you don't have to worry. He's not really my type. He is cute though."

"I don't really like your type. They're all jerks."

"Well it's good that you don't date them."

A/N: I'm gonna try to keep updating and getting these chapters done. Sry of any typos or grammar mistakes. I'm open for suggestions. U know u love me xoxo vyalove