Chapter 33

Monday Evening

Barbara's POV

"This is getting out of hand, Barry. She came home with a bloody nose. The nurse sent her home early because it wouldn't stop bleeding."

"Mildred girls get into fights, what can we do?"

"No no no, you don't understand. Whoever this is, she's violent and deeply disturbed. I tried asking Barbara who did this but she's been on the phone for hours". I heard my mom tell my dad. I had been ignoring her since I got home, because I really wasn't in the mood to discuss it.

"Look I just need to get payback. Something that'll end this nonsense. She wants to be physical but I'm not like that but I have to do what I have to do"

"So now you're going to fight her?"

"Well..not just me. You know?"

"No I don't know." Ali told me. "I just don't wanna be a part of this. It's too much."

"But I actually have a plan, tomorrow afternoon—"

"—No! I can't be between you two no more"

"Fine." I was about to say something else when my mom burst through the door

"Barbara Ann do you have a minute to talk about it now?"

"No mom! Get out!" I yelled. "I'll talk to you tomorrow Ali"

Tuesday At School

Y/n POV

The after school bell rang, but before I could go, the coach had asked to speak to me about something important. I walked quickly to her office in the gym to find her. "You wanted to see me?"

"Oh hi L/n! So a couple of scouts from a few universities are coming in on Friday afternoon to watch a practice and see what girls have what it takes to make it on their scholarship list. I know that this will end up interrupting everyone's four day weekend but that is the only time they can observe."

"Are you serious?! That's amazing"

"Isn't it! I already know you and Ali will most likely have a solid shot at this but we need to see who else. Tomorrow I need you to hold a practice for conditioning and then run through the routine a few times. Then Friday is go time. Got it?"

"Got it!" I said with a smile. I left her office and went outside to my car. All of the guys had gone to karate, but Kreese let me have the day off. So I decided I'd go to the record shop and buy a few vinyls. I took my time and browsed through the aisle looking for anything that looked interesting. There was nothing in particular I was searching for. Once I found a couple of records, I went to the cashier, paid for them and then started to make my way to my car. It was in a parallel parking spot along the side of the space between two stores. As I walked to the space I was pushed into an alleyway.

I spun around to see who pushed me but before I could look I was punched in the eye. My vision was blurry but I could still see a bit. I stood up and got in a fighting position facing the person in front of me. I prepared to strike first but someone hit me in the back. So I guess there were two people. One in front of me and one behind me. A sharp pain ran through my lower back. I pulled myself off the ground and angled myself so I could see both of the people. The one that hit me in the back had a bat in her hand. The other was Barbara. I kicked her in the back of the leg and she fell onto her butt. I turned to kick the bat out of the unknown girl's hand but she was faster than me and slammed the bat into my stomach. I dropped down to the ground. The wind was knocked out of me. I needed a minute to catch my breath. I searched my surroundings and saw another person, I'm guessing they were with Barbara and the other girl I don't know. That one person was standing in the corner with an oversized hoodie with the hood on to cover their face. While I was doing that I guess Barbara got up.