Chapter 46- Tourney Time Part I

A/N: It's long, like long long... but it's pretty good

Saturday, December 19th (Tournament Day)

Ring! Ring! Ring! I was awakened by the sound of the phone constantly ringing. I groggily picked up the phone.

"Hello?" I asked

"Morning y/n"

"Who's this?" I asked puzzled

"It's Ali"

"Oh, well if it isn't the angle calling at the asscrack of dawn"

"Y/n it's 7:00, you wake up early than this for school"

"I know but it's Saturday, I normally sleep in. But Uh what are you calling for?" I asked

"I wanted to tell you, that even though I don't necessarily agree with fighting or think you should be a part of something so aggressive as cobra kai, I wish you luck"

"Wow Ali, that was almost fully supportive"

"I know, but I'm really trying here"

"I know you are and I appreciate it. Are you coming today?"

"Yes, I gotta cheer on Daniel. Susan's coming as well"

"Cool, that sound great"

"Ok, well I'll let you get ready. see you there!"

"See you Ali"

Just as I hung up the phone, someone was knocking on the door. I sleepily got up and walked to the door and unlocked it. It was Lucille

"Ready for me to kidnap you?" She said

"What?" I said looking at her dumbfounded

"Sorry, that didn't go the way I was attempting it to. I was trying to do the entrances that you do. You know like when you say you're gonna kidnap my son, or abduct something"

"Yeah but you're an adult that could actually kidnap me if you really wanted to" I said, rubbing my eyes. "Ya know it probably would've gone better if I was fully awake"

"Right, right, that makes sense" she nodded. "Anywho your dad got called into work this morning, he left you a note on the fridge I believe, so you'll be hanging with me and Daniel today."

"Oh ok" I mumbled , I left the door open but walked over to the kitchen and found the note from my dad that said

'I'm really sorry, I got called in, they were understaffed and offered me a bonus to come in. I'm sorry I'm gonna miss your big competition, but I promise I'll make it up to you. Try not to get hurt out there. But more importantly...win. Love you sweetheart, I'll call you later'

"Darling you ok?" Lucile asked from the doorway

"Yes, I'm fine, you could've come in, you know. You don't have to stand out in the hall like that"

"Oh it's ok, I have to go wake up Daniel. Get yourself ready and be set to go at 9. Ok?"

"Yup, thank you"

"Of course". I shut the door and walked into my room. I was a little upset about my dad, but nothing that I'm not used to, so I just pushed it out of my mind. I did a quick workout, getting myself pumped up. Then I took a shower and just decided to wear my matching black leggings and a rock band t-shirt with my oversized black hoodie over top. I put my hair in two braids with little curls at the end. I put on mascara and lipgloss. I know it was a competition and I didn't need to be curling my hair or putting on makeup but I figured if I look like shit, I'd feel like shit, so I wanted to look really cute.