Chapter 53

A/N: (I just realized I posted the last chapter along w the new update, so I'm reuploading.😭😭I was wondering why it was over 6000 words. Sry if that was confusing when you first read it)

Tuesday

The day so far has been really relaxed, but painfully slow. I still had to take the bus to a school though which was annoying. Me, Susan, Ali, and Nicolette were working on a packet for math since we had a substitute teacher. I was filling them in about me being grounded and how my dad took my car.

"Wow so you must be in deep shit" Susan said

"Exactly" I agreed with her

"I'm sure if you just do what he says you won't be grounded anymore" Ali said

"I know, but I just wanna hangout. Me and the guys do something together almost everyday and I don't want miss out"

"Speaking of the guys, have you spoken to Bobby today?"

"I said hi, that was about it. Why?"

"We got into an argument last night and wanted to know if he said anything about it"

"Oh no, what were you two arguing about?" Nicolette asked "also what's the answer to 22?"

"It's 14.3" I answered

"If I'm being honest, I don't remember why we started arguing but it just opened a can of worms"

"I didn't know you guys had a can to open"

"It wasn't heated or anything, but it was our first big argument". We all nodded in an understanding way. "What's up with you Nikki, I saw you talking to Jessie yesterday after gym?"

"Uh I don't know I'm trying to go with the flow"

"Well that's good, Jessie is such a nice guy. I can't be the only one of us that has a nice guy" Ali said

"What and ours aren't?" Susan asked motioning between me and herself

"I wasn't saying it like that" she defended. "I'm just saying she could use a nice guy"

"Yeah but you said you can't be the only one with a nice guy. Our boyfriends are nice" Susan said

"I wasn't saying it be rude" Ali insisted

"Whatever" she huffed, grabbed her stuff, and walked out of the class

"Is she ok?" Nicolette asked

"I really wasn't trying to be rude. Did you take offense?" Ali asked me

"Not at all. Johnny's pretty much an asshole to almost everyone except me" I smiled

"That doesn't bother you?" Nicolette questioned

"Why would it"

"I don't know" she shrugged. "Don't you wish he was nicer"

"If I wanted someone nicer I would've dated someone who was nicer, but I'm perfectly content with my boyfriend the way he is." I said. "Like Ali dated him but didn't like that sometimes he was a jerk so now she's with someone nice" I explained. I grabbed my stuff and put my packet away. "I'm gonna go check on her"

The substitute opened her mouth to say something but I quickly walked out the room. "Susie!"

She stopped in her tracks and turned to look at me. "You didn't have to follow me out"

"You knew I would, now what's wrong? I know that one comment didn't make you that upset"

"Everything is just starting to get to me"