Chapter 30

Friday

I woke up this morning and was feeling more confident then other mornings. I got up an hour earlier and took a bath. I used my honeycomb body scrub and my favorite shower scent. I brushed my teeth, mouth washed, and put on deodorant. I straightened my hair and decided to do my makeup. Nothing to fancy, just mascara, simple eyeshadow, and lip gloss. I put on a cropped graphic tee with chains attached to it, black low rise jeans, and a pair of timberlands. 

Since I had extra time on my hands I made myself a bagel with cream cheese (random a/n: I hate cream cheese

Since I had extra time on my hands I made myself a bagel with cream cheese (random a/n: I hate cream cheese. It's so gross), egg whites, bacon, and a glass of orange juice. Once I was done eating I grabbed my backpack and keys, locked the apartment, and went next door to see if Daniel wanted a ride

"Oh hi y/n"

"Hey Danny! Wanna ride to school?"

"Sure! Let me just grab my stuff. You can come in if you want" he told me. I nodded and followed behind him, into the apartment

"Good Morning dear! How are you?" Lucille greeted

"Morning! I'm doing good actually. What about you?"

"Oh, how sweet of you to ask how I am. It's the same old same old. Work, work, work, bills, bills, bills. You know boring adult stuff"

"Sounds like torture"

"Oh trust me it is. Enjoy being a kid for a little longer. And when you are an adult, make sure you're doing what you love"

"That's really good advice" I told her

"That is good advice ma, how come you never tell me anything like that" Danny asked

"I do, you just don't listen" she said while whacking him outside the head with a rolled up newspaper. I started laughing at their little interaction. "I'm serious y/n. It's like everything goes in one ear and out the other"

"It must be a guy thing. My boyfriend and his friends are the same way"

"Oooooo a boyfriend?! Tell me about him? What's he like?"

I was about to respond till I remembered MY boyfriend is the one that was tormenting HER kid. I looked up and my eyes met Daniel's, who had the same expression as me. What am I supposed to say, oh you know he's sweet and funny and uses your kids face as a punching bag. He's also the reason your son is entering the tournament in the first place!! Like what do I say?!?

"Ohh I see!! Y/n's a little shyyyy" she teased. "You're practically blushing"

"Oh I don't think so. I don't blush" I said with a smile. (A/n: I really don't blush bc I'm black lol)

"We'll talk about it later. You guys should get going, and so should I."

"Ma, what are you talking about?"