Chapter 57

Thursday

"Oh hi dad" I greeted as I walked through the door, setting my backpack down. It's a good thing I came straight home after the bus.

"Hey sweetheart"

"How come you're not at work?"

"I wasn't feeling well so I came home"

"Oh well are you ok?"

"Yeah it's just a cold. The change in weather has been bothering my sinuses. I did take some Xyzal earlier so I might get a little tired soon."

"Ok"

"How was school"

"It was alright. Nothing too special today"

"Well then how has school been going?"

"Overall it's been fine. I made a new friend. His name's Alexander, he's pretty cool"

"Another guy?" He groaned

"Yup another one"

"Speaking of, your two weeks is just about done and I'm sure you're gonna want to invite the guys over. Should I mentally prepare myself for a weekend with the six of you?"

"Umm no. I'm actually going to wait till Tuesday to hang out with them"

"How come? Did something happen?"

"No, How could something happen if I wasn't allowed to hang out with them?"

"Oh come on y/n, you think I really thought you were just sitting around the house for the past two weeks?"

"I have"

"Maybe for some days you were but I know you y/n, no need to lie."

"I'm just not hanging out with them for a few more days"

"Whatever you say"

"What's for dinner?"

"I don't know, what do you wanna have?"

"We haven't had chicken fettuccine in a while"

"I'll have to go to the store to get the stuff but chicken fettuccine it is"

"Thank you father"

"You're welcome"

I walked into my room and started working on my homework from today. Majority of the work was from statistics and a few assignments for history. History was always frustrating for me. It was always so old white guy making a bad decision and starting a war or messing things up for everyone else. Most of the decisions don't even have anything to do with them. After I finished those assignments I needed to finish my essay for Mr. Brown's class. We start presentations of our topics next week.

I stared at the paper that had my thesis written on it. I hadn't done any research on my topic yet. I thought about reasons and proof to support my thesis and after half an hour of writing and erasing and rewriting I was only a paragraph in. Great just three pages to go. "This is so frustrating" I said aloud and threw my notebook against the wall

There was a quiet knock on my door before it creaked open. "I'm about to go to the store. Are you alright?"

"I hate this"

"And what is 'this' exactly?"

"I'm just struggling with this essay. I'd be doing math homework, that's how much I'm struggling."

"What do you have to write about?"

"Beauty standards and how they should be more inclusive, but I can't even get through the first paragraph without thinking it sounds stupid"