Chapter 11

(OOTD)

                                                                  (OOTD)

 Wednesday Morning

"Ok class this is our last assignment with the Catcher and the Rye. Our next book will be a choose between reading the Great Gatsby or your choice for independent reading." Mr. Brown explained. "This project is a hybrid of global and analytical learning. You will put yourself in groups. The project is to conduct a 'therapy session' as the characters from the novel. You will then write a three page paper explaining how the 'therapy' went and explain your viewpoint of the character you played. This is due on Thursday. Get to work"

I groaned at the instructions. I really don't like this book so I don't know how I'm gonna do on this assignment. A piece of paper landed on my desk and brought me out of my thoughts.

"You look really good today~Johnny :)"

I flipped the paper over and wrote back to him. "Thanks, I'm embracing my inner 'slut' for the haters <3". I passed the paper back and a couple seconds later another note was on my desk.

"Wanna work together for the project? ~Johnny"

"Of course we're working." I told him. I thought for a second before turning to him again. "You haven't given me notes in a long time" I said

"I can go back to giving you notes if you want?"

"Yeah give me notes. It makes me feel special." I said with a smile

"There's other ways I can make you feel special since I'm your boyfriend now you know." he said, smirking at me

"I know but I really like getting notes it's cute and romantic"

"Are you one of those hopeless romantics?"

"I'm actually a hopeful romantic."

"What does that even mean?"

"I love the idea of being in love but I'm still a realist. A hopeless romantic just loves love I guess. That's the easiest way I can explain it. My parents aren't the best example of love lasting, so I still have doubts and know that sometimes love doesn't last"

"My parents weren't the best example either. My mom and my stepdad still aren't. But I think that love will last for me"

"That's how I think too." I said, smiling at him.

He smiled at me and just stared at me "Cool, I'll make sure you get notes"

"You guys are too cute" Susan said, startling me

"Gosh Susan! How long have you been standing there?"

"Since that creepy comment about making you feel special" she said raising her eyebrow at us. "Anyway, when are we going to work on this project?" She asked