The Idiotic Genius

Pairing: Spencer Reid x Fem!Reader

CW: Pregnancy, bars, spencer being an idiot, swearing

Category: Angst then fluff

Request: OPEN

WC: 1,861

It'd been a long week.

The thing about being 8 months pregnant with a FBI agent as a husband, is that you're alone. Spencer had been gone all week, leaving me alone, huge, and uncomfortable. Sure he called me every single night, but sometimes the conversation was a simple, "hi I'm safe and I love you." I missed him.

I was still working, going to my job every day and coming home with extra swollen feet and pain in my back so bad, I was sure I'd snap in two. Not to mention that the baby seems to only be kicking up at my ribs, leaving me bruised and sore 24/7. I needed Spencer. I just needed the company.

So you can imagine the anger when he sends me a text that says, "Hi my love. We've wrapped the case and are on our way home! The team wants to get drinks when we land, so I think I'm going to go with them. I love you and I'll see you when you get home, princess."

I was pissed. He didn't even invite me out! Not that I want to go because, well, I'm fucking huge. And the idea of a smelly, sweaty bar room isn't my ideal right now. But the invite would've been welcomed. At the same time, Spencer knows how uncomfortable I am, I bitch about it every time he calls, and he has the audacity to go out?

I answered with pettiness, only saying, "yup." Not even giving him an 'I love you.' In the years we'd been saying 'I love you' I've never not said it back.

I shut my phone off, knowing that if he called, I would answer and forgive him faster than I wanted too. I, for some reason undenounced to me, wanted to stew in this. Let it fester, which I never did. We'll just blame it on the hormones. I showered, got into some comfy pajamas, and curled up in bed with my pregnancy pillow, snuggling it close and pretending it was my husband instead.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Yup.

I stared down at the text from my wife with a confused look on my face. She'd never not said 'I love you' back in the 10 years we'd been together. I tried calling her, but it went straight to voicemail. I sighed.

"What's wrong, kid." Morgan asked. I didn't really understand what I did wrong. She was always okay with me hanging out with the BAU after good cases.

"I think y/n is mad at me. But I'm not sure why." Morgan raised a brow at me, motioning me to hand over my phone to him. So, I did. It took him all of ten seconds to figure out what I hadn't in the past twenty minutes.

"You do realize that you just told your pregnant, hormonal wife that you're coming out with us instead of going home to her. After being away for a whole week? Are you dense?" He laughed slightly as he slid the phone back to me.