Crazier, Crazier (Fluff)

Category: Fluff

Category: Fluff

Summary: the first night in your first apartment together consist of eating on the floor and a little dancing

Content Warnings: None I don't think

Word Count: 956 (its a short little thing)

A/N: maybe listen to "Crazier" by taylor swift 👀

*Photos in the covers DO NOT reflect the reader of this story!*

.....

"Honestly, watching Derek struggle bringing in the box of books made my year!"

Your giggled echoed through the semi empty space. After a year and a half of dating, you and Spencer took the plunge and decided to get an apartment together. It was a little one bedroom about twenty minutes from work. It was small, but so unbelievably perfect. Perfect because it was a space, you'd finally get to share with the man you love. A space where you both could let go the monsters that plagued each of you. But most importantly, a space where Spencer would always find you and where you would always find him.

"I carried that same box with no issues. He knows he's never going to live that down. I refuse it." His laugh warning your insides more than the food in your lap.

You both had decided to start fresh, drawing up a conclusion that this was a new space and it needed furniture that not only matched, but that you both liked. Spencer's vintage couch and your powder blue love seat weren't going to cut it. So, there you both sat, on the living room floor, eating take out from the containers. It just felt so right.

Spencer made you happy in a way no one ever has before. And though he was gone often, he made sure you felt wanted and cared for. He was the type of man who made sure fresh flowers were delivered before the last petal browned. The type to make a stupid joke just to see you smile. And he was attentive. Always concerned about you and your needs before his own.

You'd be a liar if you said you didn't wish he was around more. But you also knew how important his job was to him. He was saving lives, using that big, beautiful brain to make the world better. But sometimes that world sucked the air from his lungs, suffocating his need to see the good. It was times like that when he'd need you the most. And sometimes, it'd be 2 am and you'd be asleep; missing his call and forcing him to be locked inside his mind. It scared you when he'd get like that. It was after one of those times that you brought up the idea of moving to him.

He was ecstatic about being surrounded by you. Being able to share a space that was 'ours' instead of 'his'. But it scared him just as much. It was moments like that when his insecurities would deep into his brain and choke him. But you were there to unwind the constrictor and remind him this a forever kind of love.

"I feel like we're in a cheesy 90's rom-com or coming of age movie." You giggled as you took a bite of food.

Spencer brows furrowed in confusion, "whys that?"

Cheesy 90s movies where your niche and something you'd forced upon Spencer when you'd first started dating. He'll never admit it, but he's grown to love those damn movies.

"Because" you giggle, "we're sitting on the floor, no furniture, eating shitty take out, hopelessly in love in our first apartment. It's literally the premise of every coming-of-age movie."

Spencer giggles, shaking his head as he takes a bite of this so called 'shitty take-out'. You can't ignore the warm feeling coursing in your veins. You couldn't wait to unpack the piles of boxes that lined the walls. To be surrounded in the mix of yours and his things excited you more than you'd like to admit.

"What if we made it cheesier?" Spencer asks as he puts down his food. He walks over to one of the boxes, opening it and digging through it.

"How could we possibly make this cheesier?" You question as you try to see what he's digging for. But you aren't left to wonder long. He pulls out his record player. And before you can ask what he's going to play, the soft sounds of "Crazier" by Taylor Swift are floating in the space. You mentally thank Garcia for showing him the wonder that is Miss. Swift.

He turns to you, hand out stretched with a love-sick smile on his face. "Dance with me?" he asks. His voice is soft, dreamy. You smile as you place your hand in his. He helps you to your feet before pulling you into him, his hand resting on your lower back.

You both sway silently, your head resting on his chest, a smile resting on your face. It feels like a dream. You never knew happiness like this existed until you met Spencer. You're grateful for the universe putting him in your life. All's you ever wanted was someone who would love you unconditionally and without reservation. Someone who would eat take-out on the floor of your apartment, only to slow dance with you in the living room.

And here you are doing exactly that. You want to pinch yourself. But you know it's not a dream. And even if it was, you didn't want to wake up. Not yet. Not ever.

And as the song fades out, Taylors voice receding, Spencer spins you out before swiftly pulling you back into him. His hands find your face and he pulls you into the most passionate kiss you've shared to date.

"I cant wait to dance with you forever." He says when he pulls back. Your heart flutters wildly at the idea of forever. But it's a good flutter. You're excited.

"Me too, Spence. Me too."