Like You (fluff)

part two of "Like Us"

Pairing: Spencer Reid x Fem!Reader

WC: 2334

CW: just some swearing I think but please let me know if I miss anything.

In the weeks following the event at the bar, Spencer had given his friends the cold shoulder.

He'd done absolutely everything in his power to avoid his team. He only spoke either when spoken too or if it was about the case. Other than that, he was silent.

Y/N struggled the most in those few days after. She spent a majority of her time afraid Spencer was going to leave her because his team didn't like her. He reassured her close to a hundred times that he would never, but it didn't stop the thought from staying at the forefront of her mind.

The thing was, Spencer loved to spoil her. He bought her stuff constantly and always brought her back little gifts from each state he visited. And they knew that. The difference between then and now, was the age gap. Spencer wasn't sure why that made a difference, but y/n figured they thought she saw him as a bank account.

But the truth was Spencer insisted. Every time they went out, he picked up the bill. And if she went shopping, he'd slip money into her purse so she could buy a little something for herself. He even learned how to use amazon so he could secretly buy her the things she put in the cart. It made him happy to see her happy. And seeing her use or wear what he got her drove him wild.

Y/N had decided enough was enough. Because while Spencer didn't explicitly say it, she knew this was killing him. He'd loved his team for fifteen years, and he'd loved her for only a year. She needed this to end and for them to get back on track.

"I want to host the team for dinner on Friday." Spencer looked up from his book, his hand tightening from its place on her knee.

"Bunny, you don't have to do that," because she didn't. He never wanted her to feel that she had to prove herself. He loved her and that was good enough for him. To hell with his team for not accepting her.

She sat up, crossing her legs on the couch, her gaze in her lap, "I know I don't have to, but I want too. Spence, they're your family and they were just looking out for you."

And she totally understood that. She was young, still in college, and a fucking decade younger than him. She knew how it looked and they weren't the first ones to think like that. And they certainly wouldn't be the last. If they were going to date, it was just something they needed to accept.

She met his eyes, concern etched on his face as he rolled the idea around in his mind. He sighed before muttering, "fine. But if they make you cry again, I'll be going to jail."