Return To The Underworld (SMUT18+)

Paring: Hades!Spencer x Persephone!Reader

Summary: There's nothing sweeter than her return to him.

Content warnings: typical canon mythology stuff, the Underworld, talks of death, unprotected sex, penetrative sex, kissing, lots of praise, interruptions, sad boi Hades because that's really what he is. (if I missed anything let me know)

Word Count: 2.6

A/N: So, this is an AU where Spencer is God of the Dead (aka Hades), and Reader is his queen (aka Persephone). I used y/n so it could truly be reader insert! Just a quick little note. You'll notice she calls him a mix of 'Spencer' and 'Hades'. There is a reason for that, and it does get explained. This is heavily based off the "A Touch of Darkness Series" in the way Persephone came to be. I'm not into the whole 'he's her uncle' deal. Yeah... I hope you guys enjoy! Xoxo

...

"Sweetheart?" her voice flitters through the underworld, sweet as the flowers she left me to create. I sit up, spine tingling at the knowledge that she was finally home with me. Home where I could keep her safe from the upperworld.

She opens the doors to the throne room, and I'm instantly hit with the smell of her magic, vanilla, wildflowers, and lavender. Her smile widens when our eyes meet. She was ethereal, literal perfection if I'd ever seen it. I thanked the fates every single day for weaving her into my life.

Her body relaxes slightly as a smile pulls on her lips, "Hades" she calls. Before I know it, I'm striding towards her till she's in my arms. I hold her close, gripping her as if she was sand in an hourglass.

I pull back to look at her for a moment; to admire my beautiful bride. If it were up to me, she'd stay down here forever, never going to the upperworld for anything. It was dangerous up there, filled with mortals who had no regard for their own lives. There were some who hated the Gods, forming groups to try and overthrow us. It never works, of course, and they're put right back into their place by my little brother.

"I've missed you so much," I whisper as I study her. I had every line and wrinkle of her body committed to memory, but it never hurt to look just a little longer.

She grins up at me, her big eye shinning like the summer sun. Gods, she was stunning. "I've missed you too. The mortals were happy to see spring come, though!" Her eyes shin brighter. My little goddess of spring took her job very seriously, just as I took mine. It was a reason we were so good together.

"And your mother? Was she impressed?" Demeter and I didn't get along, for lack of better terms. She'd begged the fates for a daughter, and when she'd learned that her precious Kore, would be queen of the underworld, she did all she could to keep her from me.

But y/n was restless in captivity and eventually broke free for college. That was how we met. We'd bumped into each other one night and it was love at first sight.