Unit (Smut)

Content warnings: slight degradation, swearing, boss/employee relationship, face grabbing, fingering, penetrative sex, unprotected sex, creampie (let me know if anything was missed)

"Dr. Reid? I have the file you requested." I walked into his office hesitantly. Dr. Spencer Reid had only been our new Unit Chief for two months, getting the promotion once Emily left the BAU to raise her family.

It was strange to see him in a position of power, always the shy and quiet one who could barely look an unsub in the eyes. And now he was my boss. Now, that's not to say he didn't deserve it. Spencer deserved it more than anyone in this office, it was just strange.

"Please, y/n, you can still call me Spencer. But thank you!" I handed the file into his outstretched hand, my face growing warm as he took it from me.

I'd always had a little crush on the young doctor. He was awkward but ridiculously attractive. I was sure men like him didn't exist in the real world till I got this job five years ago. Spencer and I were friendly, not as close as he was to some of the others, but it was enough.

Honestly, he intimidated me more than I will ever admit out loud. He was so smart, practically solving cases on his own. He was always six steps ahead of everyone in the room, most of us not able to hold our own with him. But he never made us feel dumb, instead helping us along.

"I know. But it just feels weird to call you anything else except 'sir' or 'dr.reid.' I mean you did earn those titles." I push my hair out of my face, my eyes struggling to meet his. But I didn't miss the way he smirked at the use of the titles.

"Whatever you want, y/l/n." He smiled and I took that as my cue to leave.

I turned, practically running out of the room before plopping down in my seat. There was always something between Spencer and I that I just couldn't put into words. Like I said we weren't close but we weren't total strangers.

When I first started here, he could barely look at me. His cheeks would grow red and he even shook my hand. He stuttered a lot too, but only when speaking to me. JJ had said he only did that when he liked someone, but eventually that went away. So, I just chalked it up to nerves. And it was never spoken of again. But it didn't stop the things I'd feel when we were alone together. And I certainly didn't miss the stolen glances. It felt like electric when he'd touch me, even if it was just to brush past me. The tension would be so thick, it would feel like it was going to suffocate me.

And I know he felt it too.

"Bye JJ I'll see you tomorrow." I waved to JJ before going back to my papers. We'd wrapped a case not three days ago and it was the last one to get in the work. Not that it was unusual. I put paperwork off as long as possible because I absolutely despised it.

I looked up, noticing movement from Spencer's office. I watched as he ran his long fingers through his curls, before running them over his face. It felt like he never left; always here when we left and always here when we returned. And maybe he didn't, we all knew he didn't have anyone waiting for him at home. But then again, neither did I. I knew how lonely he felt.