Chapter 3

XAVIERS POV

I helped my dad open up the shop before I made my way to school, well actually I was going to my friends house since the guys were all there, but I still wore my uniform, well it wasn't really uniform, I wore black trousers, black air forces which were a little dirty, but I could survive, and a white shirt.

I made my way down some of the rich houses, usually I never took this route because people would be eyeing me for not wearing rich designer clothes, or even for being coloured since I was mixed race, to be honest I was used to all the hate, I remember once a lady tried to call the police on me because she thought I was about to rob her.

That's why I've told myself that I would never associate myself with people like her, with people who thought they had power over us just because we were less fortunate, I would never date a rich girl. I was going to work my way up and become rich.. one day.

I shook my head trying to forget how badly I was treated by those in the richer ends as I went the opposite direction and stared at how bad my house had looked from the outside, the houses in this area were horrible, I won't even lie, I noted down in my head that I had to fix the window when I get back.

I walked into my friends house and spudded all of them.

I looked over and saw Jessica and her two musketeers, sitting on the chair, I winked at her and she walked over to me, I gave her a kiss and sat her down on top of me.

Me and Jessica weren't really together but we were doing things, she was my first crush, and the girl who took my virginity, she was one year older than me but she never seemed bothered.

She lived in this area however dressed up as if she was rich, that was because her twin brother sold drugs so he had enough money for them, a couple of my friends sold drugs but I wasn't really into that, I'd do it from time to time but that was rare, probably because I was a lazy person.

"Why didn't you go school today." Jessica asked me as if she cared, deep down I know she wasn't bothered, Jessica never cared about anyone but herself and that was the truth.

"What's the point, I don't learn there, no difference if I don't attend." That was the truth, the schools the we attended from this area were horrible, teachers never taught properly, and I couldn't blame them, they weren't getting enough pay, and children never listened, I was part of them children that never listened.

Ryan passed me the weed and I took a puff from it before giving it back.

"You won't believe what happened yesterday!" Tyla exclaimed.
I looked up to him waiting for him to speak again.
"We were outside between your dads shop and the richer ends when this brown skin girl walked past with a bag, Ryan took it upon himself to harass her."

I looked up to Ryan with a shocked face.
"no, that's not how it went, she was being big headed because she was rich, but truth be told she was just the same as us... coloured. How dare she ignore me, so I decided to give her a lesson."Ryan proudly explained.

I shook my head at him for being childish.
"Your such a baby, be careful with what you do, those rich people call the police for everything and we all know if that happens the police won't believe you and that's since your from these ends."
Sometimes Ryan did silly things, he really hated rich people and I don't blame him, once his dad was attacked by them and police didn't do anything about it, ever since then his hate grew.

It was now getting late and I was heading back to help my dad with his shop, sometimes I'd get annoyed with the fact that I had to leave my friends and help my dad, but honestly he was the only person putting food on the table and helping my mum out since she had cancer.

"I'm back." I said as I entered the store and saw that my dad wasn't there, I'm guessing he was in the back.

I opened the door to the back and saw him with his head in his hands.

"What happened." I asked him concerned.

"Son, you need to stop your football lessons, or your sister has to stop her after school clubs, if not there won't be enough money for your mum chemotherapy, and I have to pay rent for the shop, plus your school supplies and all that essential stuff." At this point his eyes were turning red, I knew he was struggling, life in this area was a struggle.

"Dad, I'm sixteen now, I can help you, I don't mind getting a job to make stuff easier, stop stressing, I got you, okay." I reassured him, I didn't want my dad doing all the hard work when I could help him. I was in year 11, im grown and can do stuff for myself now.
"I don't mind dropping football lessons, but Xyleena is going to continue her after school lessons, it will benefit her in the future." I didn't mind sacrificing my activities after school for my sisters future.

He looked up at me and smiled, wiping his tears away, I won't lie but me seeing my own dad cry was breaking me inside, he was always the strong one.

"Thank you so—"
He was cut of by someone calling his name.

"Frank!" she shouted.
Instead of him going I decided to go, so that he could calm down.

"He's busy, what's the problem?" I asked not really bothered.

"Is that how you less fortunate people talk to the rich people, absolutely disgusting." She said back to me.

My head flung up in her direction and I just stared at her, I don't care what my class was, I hated disrespect, I was still human, people would come up judging my character just because I was less fortunate, I hated that.

"Who are you.."

I was interrupted by my dad walking in, "sorry for my sons ignorance, how may we help you."

I screwed my eyes behind his back because he knew that I never even caused anything, this girl was just a self centred brat who wasn't raised properly.

"I want a packet of cigarettes." She demanded.

"Sorry your underaged." My dad replied to her.

"I don't think you know who my father is, he's the one in charge of the area, including yours, I think he even planning on breaking down your houses, I'm not to sure though." She shrugged.

"Erm, sorry ma'am, here you go." He handed her the cigarette and she tossed him a scrunched up twenty point note.

"Keep the change, you and that boy needs it." She screwed us and opened the door it someone else beat her to it.

VOTE AND COMMENT.