Chapter 20

JOURNEYS POV

"Xavier I find you Innocent of assault and all charges against you will be dropped." I heard the judge say.

Ryan had saved us.

10 minutes ago.

"Y-..."
Ryan stopped and looked around at everyone, landing his eyes on Xavier once again.

"No. I wasn't there."

"Then why would you lie."

"Jessica and the chief officer had persuaded me into it, even a politician was in on this, I'm sorry, everything their saying is a lie, Xavier I'm sorry for lying."

The crowd gasped as they listened.

At first I was growing angry at Ryan, but Now I can forgive him, he literally saved us.

Flashback ended

I dropped on my knees with tears pouring out as I thanked God.

"Journey!" Xavier looked back at me yelling.

"You did it!" I ran into his arms.

"No we did it." He whispered into my ear.

I looked into his eyes, it been a while since I've felt so happy, i don't know what I would have done if he was found guilty, I Dont think I could even live if he was locked up, he was part of my future.

I stared at our surroundings as we walked outside, I started to get uneasy about the situation as we were exiting the court but I wasn't so sure, I rubbed away the feeling and took in a deep breathe.

They judge me like it's a simple task,
They make judgement so easy
It's cause actions speak louder than words
It's all assumptions no one can confirm
From where they stand the angle is different
How they view me doesn't seems to concern them

XAVIERS POV

We walked outside as we saw a crowd of people outside the courts, on one side there were people shouting and holding signs, "we want justice." And on the another side the were shouting, "guilty," those were the ones who never knew the actually story but still thought they could pass on judgement.

At this point I was used to all of this, life has taught me that the world will never love you for loving yourself, they love you for only doing stuff that would please them.

I took a deep breathe in as I held Journeys hand, I looked over to her and smiled, "Are you ready?"

"Yes" she nodded back at me.

We held our hands tight as if we were about to lose each other and walked through the crowd.

"Sir is it true you bribed the jury to get out of prison?" One news reporter said as they ran beside me.

I scoffed and continued walking. Rumours huh? Sometimes I believe there is another me outside because the way I hear stuff about myself, I'm curious tell me more.

I felt uneasy and my heart started speeding as more news reported came flashing their cameras in my face and asking me questions I never understood.

Journey grabbed one of the microphones and cleared her throat. "No he did not bribe anyone, he is innocent, the only problem was that you judged him for no reason."

ANONYMOUS POV

More reporters formed around him and at the same time Journey had spotted something was odd.