Chapter 9

It's been a week since the kiss, well that was my first kiss, and probably the best kiss I'd wish for.

Me and my parent sat down eating breakfast, I had remembered that I was going to ask my dad something.

"Daddy, can I ask you something?"

He looked up at me waiting for me to speak.

"So there's something bothering me, you remember Frank, his wife is extremely sick, she has cancer and they don't have enough money for her treatments, dad if you saw her on the day I went over to her house, even her little daughter thinks she's dying. Please could you check her, I want them to be happy like us, remember how to taught me to always make people smile." I looked at him with the same poppy eyes that always made him agree.

"You know I can't say no to you, I will see what I can do... infact let's surprise them, I will call them to visit but I will give her a check up in my medical office."

This was why I looked up to my parents, they were amazing people, they treated everyone equally and showed love to everyone.

"I'm so proud of you Journey, you've grown into a wonderful person." My mum commented.

All I could do was smile, I was happy that they raised me to be a great person.

I opened the door and Xavier, Xyleena and their parents came in.

"Is this a castle??" Xyleena walked up to me.

"Uh no, this is my house, but don't worry your still a princess." I carried her then gave her a kiss on the cheek.
I gave hugs to Frank and his wife called Babbette, and gave Xavier a little side hug.

"Okay lets wash our hands then eat dinner then you guys can go and play." My mum spoke.

We nodded and followed behind her.
We sat down on the table and prayed then started digging in.

"So Frank how's everything going?" My dad broke the silence.

"Things are good, how about you?"

"Things are also good, I barely get to spend time with family and friends so I'm happy that we're all together."

"Babbette how are you, it's great to meet you, your beautiful by the way." My mum wasn't lying when she said she was beautiful, Xaviers mum was extremely beautiful, I knew my mum and her would get along.

"I'm good.." she started coughing.

I grabbed a bottle of water and gave it to her.
"Thank you."

"Are you sure everything is alright?" My dad asked Frank again and he told him all was good, but no one believed him.

"It's alright, my daughter told me you were sick, she wanted to help you and wanted to make your children happy, I wouldn't mind checking you right now in my office, I've got all the tools." My dad said.

"No please don't stress yourself." Frank said back to him.

"Please let me help, Journey has known you since she was younger, when we're late you'd let her wait with you, pleas let us pay you back."

I could tell Frank was thinking about it really hard, "Okay, you can check her."

I smiled getting really happy that she'd be getting treatment so they wouldn't have to worry.

We all finished eating and our parents went downstairs in the office for the check up as the children all went to my room.

"Xyleena you can play with my toys from when I was younger." I got out my big dollhouse that I never used anymore and all the dolls for her.

"Wooow,, can I keep it."

"No Xyleena you have one at home."

She started to fake cry, "fineee."

"Wait you can have it, I was going to throw it away anyways, it would be better to just give it to you." In less than a second her eyes lit up and she jumped on me, giving me kisses all over my face, how could a three year old be so energetic.

I left her in the corner of my room to play with the dollhouse as me and Xavier sat on the sofa I had in my room.

"Did you go work today?" I asked him.

"Nope I got fired for cussing out a costumer who thought they could get rude." He sighed then leaned back in the chair.

I rubbed my hand on his arm and stared at him, "Your stressing too much, I have a solution."

I tied up my hair making sure that it's not around my face and walked to my bed.

I pulled out a box from under the bed.
"Remember how I said I'm going to make you smile, we're starting from now, of course not everything will be materialistic, but this is my first to having a friend so bare with me."

I handed him the box and watched as he opened it.

He saw that it was the air forces I got last time, I had told him they were my brothers when I never had a brother, I was the only child.
He picked up the trainer and looked at me. I looked back at him and was realising that I was catching feelings for him.

"Nope." He gave the box back to me.

"Yep." I put it back in his lap.
The last time I saw him I noticed that his trainers were a little creased, and he always wore that pair so I decided to get him a fresh pair.

"I said no!" He raised his voice at me which cause his sister to look back at us then look back.

I didn't want his sister to hear us argue and him shouting so I dragged him to my closet and locked the door.

"Do you have anger issues?"

Maybe I shouldn't have asked him that question because his attitude became worse.

"No you don't ask people questions like that, I like the trainers but I can't take them, your too kind."

"Oh okay..." I looked at him with eyes watering, this was my first time making a friend, I'm new to this friendship thing, I guess I wasn't good at this.

"No don't start crying."

He tried the touch my face but I moved away, "it's okay, I don't even know who to give the shoes to anymore, since you don't want it and no one else where's your shoe size." I continued to walked away towards the door, making sure that I seemed sad to him.

He grabbed me back as soon as my fingers brushed the door handle, he faced me towards him and stared at me, "fine, I will take them, stop making those puppy eyes."

I smiled at him about to speak but his lips came crashing into mine before I could even think.

His hand found its way to my hips and my arm found its way around his neck.

We continued to kiss passionately, I pulled back and looked at him in the eyes.

"Your making me catch feelings." I said then kissed him again.

He pulled away and smiled at me.
"Don't worry, I've already caught them."

Our lips crashed again, and we kissed non stop.