Chapter 17

JOURNEYS POV

"Come in!" He shouted as I knocked on the door.

"Erm hi.. I was told you wanted to see me?"

"Hello Journey, it's been a while, I remember when you were just a baby." He smiled.

I had come to see Leviticus' dad, he was a top politician and was well respected by others, I was extremely shocked when I heard that he wanted to have a chat with me, out of all people, but then the thought of what Leviticus did yesterday would cross my mind. What would have happened if my mom hadn't banged the door, I couldn't even move because I was in shock. I've tried my hardest to forget but that attempt failed.

"Oh yeah my mum always tells me how you used to always buy me gifts.. but why did you call me here."

"Oh it's about my son, Leviticus ."

I mugged him as he spoke, I've avoided this boy and now he's being mentioned, just his name can make me sick.

"He likes you a lot, however he says that your in love with some else, is that true?" He asked me.

"Yes, it is true, another boy has gotten my heart, and I don't think he will let it go." I shrugged.

"See here's the thing, if you and Leviticus were together, it would make a good impression, two rich people happily living, your children would be rich, a bonus is that Leviticus is following my footsteps in becoming a politician, you would be the wife of a well known and loved politician."

"Sorry sir, I just can't.. I love this boy with all my heart, sir we've got each other's hearts, I'm not letting go... even if the world tells me too."

"Who is this young man, if I may ask?" He questioned.

I thought about whether or not I should answer him, I'm sure he would've probably heard of Xavier's name especially because it was on the news.

"Erm.. Xavier."
He looked at me with a raised eyebrow.

"Oh so is this boy rich? What are his parents jobs?"

"No he is not rich, his dad owned a shop however is about to start working as a dental hygienists, as his mum is a designer."

"PATHETIC! Your parents worked hard for you to become rich and successful and your here bringing them down, I hope it's not that Xavier boy on TV."

"It's the one on TV, I'm sorry to disappoint you, but class don't matter to me, it's about character." I told him as I put my head down.

"STUPID!" He slammed his desk as he reached closer to me.

"How stupid could you be. Journey he's going weigh you down because he's poor. Trust me, I know how this feels.. is he forcing you??"

"W-WHAT?... NO." I yelled back at him.

"Ughhh I wish I could just leave so everyone can leave me alone." I muttered under my breathe getting annoyed at him.

"Be careful with what you say darling, the tongue is powerful." He winked at me.

"Listen to my advice, that boy doesn't want you, he wants your money, once he takes your money he's going to run away with it, that's what peasants do, they steal, let's not forget he's also coloured."

My head shot up and I looked at him, was he being serious.
"I'm coloured too, my mum is also coloured.. so is my dad.."

"No but your different.. your rich."

"No sir, don't discriminate my people, it's the 21st century and we're still playing racist? What type of world is this?"

He got up closer to me to the point I could feel his breathe.
He then gave me a slap across my face.

"Don't be a fool! I'm only accepting the fact that your coloured due to you being rich, your pathetic just like all the other people who look like you, who even let you guys out the zoo? Go ahead with that boy, he's going to rob you and throw you away just like he's always planned to do. My son is the only one for you, he will help to be acknowledged by others."

I stood there frozen, first he slapped me, then spoke bad on someone that means a lot to.
I'm sick and tired of this world.

"Stop discriminating us, it's disgusting, why must we struggle just to get you to acknowledge us, just because of a colour? Why must we work twice as hard as we're better than so we can just level them? Stop stomping over us, cause I promise if the roles were reversed you people would be screaming this world needs equality. Well Fudge equality, that don't mean nothing to you people, all you care about is money. WHEN YOUR IN HEAVEN THERE WILL BE NO MONEY! THERE WILL BE NO MANSIONS! CARS! GUCCI! AND DEFINITELY NO FRICKING RACISM! SO BUCKLE UP MOTHERFUCKAAAAAAAAA,, YOUR GOING YO HAVE TO GET USED TO MY BLACK SELF, BECAUSE YOUR GOING TO BE SEEING IT FOR A LOOONG TIME."

"Watch when this black girl gets successful with her poor boyfriend... don't come running back."

"I don't chase animals, they chase us."

"Well I guess I'm going to have to start flipping tables if you won't let them turn."

I grabbed the cup of water beside me and drank it all up, due to all my shouting my throat became dry, I slammed the empty cup on the table, and with that I proudly walked out his office.

POLICE CHIEF POV

I got up as I heard that my phone was ringing.

"She drunk it."
The person said behind the phone.

"Perfect, she should pass out any minute from now."

"Do you think this will actually work?" He asked me.

"Im sure, I've used it many times when I want witnesses to forget what happened, it's our way of winning, we're just ahead of the game.

JOURNEYS POV

I felt a sharp pain in my head as rubbed it.

It was as if something kept stabbing me repeatedly.

I thought that maybe it was a headache, I got up from my bed and went downstairs the the medicine Cabinets.

Soon everything started spinning.

"MUMMY!! DADDY!!!" I called out.

THUD.

I lost my balance and hit the cold ground.

VOTE AND COMMENT