Chapter 15

JOURNEYS POV

I sat on my bed crying, I've been crying since I left the station, and that was two days ago, I wanted to help him but I couldn't.

I stayed in the same position still crying.

"Baby are you still crying?" My mum walked through the door.

"Mummy, they're going to take him away from me." I wept into her shoulder as she rubbed my back.

"No baby, we're going to work together and get him out."

"How though, they're making him plead guilty. I don't want to lose him mum."

"No one wants to lose him, I know how much you like him Journey, were going to get him out..."

"Stop lying to me, they've got a witness."
I cried out.

"Wait, were you not also there? Your also a witness."

I moved away from her shoulder and stood up, I haven't thought about that, it never even crossed my mind, I had completely forgotten that I was there.

Time had passed and I sat on my bed day dreaming, imagining the what if, what if Xavier is found guilty?

I tried my hardest to ignore these negative thoughts but it was impossible.

"You alright?" Leviticus came into my room without knocking.

"Mhmm."

"No your not," he came beside me and sat down.

"Leave me alone, stop acting like you care, I'm okay." I yelled at him.

"No your not." He repeated again.

LEVITICUS POV

"No your not," I walked towards her and sat down, not believing a word she said.

"Whats on your mind?" I asked her.
I had grown to like Journey, at first I had doubts because of her skin colour, but I've gotten used to it, it's doesn't change who she is, she was still a pretty, kind, loving girl, and anyone would want to be with her because she was perfect.

"Can you keep a secret?" She pouted.
I nodded at her as she continued to speak.

"There's this boy, well he's my boyfriend to be exact, something happened with someone from a the richer ends, he's from the broken home ends, but I don't care about his class, because when no one wanted to accept me because of the colour of my skin, he did, and I've accepted him the way he is, rich or not. But I'm scared... I'm scared they will send him to prison for something he did not commit."
She wept into her hands.

I put my hand on her back and rubbed it, I never supported relationships between rich and poor people, but I didn't want to see her cry, especially because I think I like her, me seeing those tears leave her eyes was reminding me why I liked her, she cared about everyone, I just wanted to always be by her side, even though at the beginning I was quite rude and would discriminate, I've dropped all that, well Journey taught me that in life you have to love others, and make them smile, and now it was my turn to make her smile.

"Journey, it's alright, I'm sure it would all go good, have some faith." I continued to rub her back.

I thought my words would calm her down but she cried even more, I got up and squatted infront of her, I lifted up her head with the tip of my fingers and saw her cheeks were wet.

"Sshhh, it's okay, it's all going to be good." I reassured her.
I wiped away the water from her cheeks with my thumb as I analysed her beauty.

"Your to beautiful too be crying."

"Thank you." She smiled at me and then gave me a hug as we both stood up.

"No problem, I always got you." I rubbed her back.
My hand went down until it was on her waist.

She felt where my hands were and looked up to my face with a confused look.
I looked back at her with a smirk.
I kept my eyes on her lips, they looked soft, I wonder if they felt as good as they looked.

I went closer to her, we were inches away, our breathes touching each other's.

"No I can't do that to him." She backed away from me and sat back on her bed.
I respected her choice so I left her.

"It's okay, I don't know what I was even thinking, you clearly love this boy." I told her and she shook her head.

"Nope, I'm in love with him, I'm happy I met him."

"Sorry but why are they trying to get him in prison." I asked her since I was curious as to what happened.

"He had an argument in the shop with this boy called Jospeh, the police arrest him and accused him of assault but It was self defence since Joseph attacked him first, but of course they won't listen, Joseph was from a rich family and he was not."

We sat there in comfortable silence, thinking about life.

"Leviticus?" She called me.

"Yeah, what's wrong?" I asked her.

"I'm going to be so honest.. when I first met you I was planning on hating you, I thought you were some rich stuck up kid, you probably are, but atleast you try not to be, I'm happy we're friends." She looked into my eyes as we spoke. I was happy she never ended up hating me.

"Im also happy I met you, you've taught me so many things, and you've opened up my eyes to see reality. At first I did judge you but as I got to know you I started to like you more... not just as friends." I muttered the last bit so she wouldn't catch it.

"What was that?" Her head shot up to me.

I didn't know whether to repeat it or lie.

I stared at her for a long time before crashing my lips onto hers.

"No!" She tried to push me back.

"Journey, I like you."

I confessed to her, she stood there and stared at me shocked.

VOTE AND COMMENT