Chapter 4

JOURNEYS POV

I was on my way back to the corner shop, I was craving some Oreos after my mum had cooked me some traditional Indian food. Honestly I just wanted to get out the house because I was home alone, something I was scared of due to the horror movies I've been watching on netflix, and I would feel safer if I stayed with Frank, I've known him since I was young since this was a local shop.

I was just about to open the door when I heard some commotion, it sounded like a young girl who was giving attitude to Frank, I decided to wait and listen to what she was saying.

"Keep the change, you and that boy needs it." She said.

I quickly rushed up to the door, swinging it open and saw that girl who was giving attitude standing beside it.

"Oh sorry." She muttered and tried to walk past me but I stopped her with my arm.

"Sorry to interfere, but I heard what you said to them and you shouldn't talk to anyone like that, imagine someone saying that to your dad." I told her, I had to say something, what she said really hit my chest.

"Why you supporting these people, I never knew you would lower your standards that much."

"It's cause they are still human, regardless of class they need respect, and they don't need your money." I walked up to the counter where the scrunched up money sat and gave back to her.

"Your weird." She grabbed the money out my hand and walked out the shop slamming the door.

I screwed her and picked up a pack of oreos and gave Paul twenty pounds.

"you can keep the change, im also paying for that other girl aswell."

"No take it, thank you for what you did." He said quietly. I looked closely at his face and realised his eyes were red.

"Are you alright? did she upset you?" I asked him, I knew there was something bothering him, I've been coming to this shop quite a lot and he's a happy person.

"He's alright, you can go now," Xavier interfered in our conversation, I didn't even notice him standing there.

"Sorry but I was talking to your dad."

"Never asked, but thank you now bye."

I didn't even move, I stood in the place, I didn't want to go home since there was no one there, the maids were on holiday and the driver was gone, as I said before I'd  feel safer if I stayed in the shop with Frank.

"Erm.. could I please stay here till my parents pick me up, there's no one at home and I don't want a clown to grab me."

He chuckled at the last bit before replying, "I'm okay with that, just make sure your parents are aware, I'm closing the shop soon."

"Thank you!" I squealed.

I looked back to Xavier and saw him looking at me with disgust, so I decided to give him so the same look back. He had attitude for no reason, have I done something to him?

"Have you called your parents, we've been waiting here for a very long time." Frank asked me.